No announcement yet.

Garden Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't you have to replant cilantro. Has a short life span or something.

Comment

Originally posted by Stan View Post
      Don't you have to replant cilantro. Has a short life span or something.
      You need to prune the leaves off of a lot of herbs to keep them growing. Cilantro may be one of those types.

Comment

Details
        Calling all naked gardeners worldwide!

This is a page to help you all celebrate gardening naked on World Naked Gardening Day 2017 (6 May 2017) and spread the word about it!

You are welcome to post about ideas to celebrate the day, your own local events and ideas and Facebook friendly posts of naked gardening on WNGD 2017.

Please seek permission from local authorities if you plan on taking this to a public venue prior to the day and follow all local laws where you live. But you can celebrate it at home in your backyard, or in other private gardens.

Feel free to use #wngd2017 or #wngd to help celebrate this occasion!

Calling all naked gardeners worldwide! This is a page to help you all celebrate gardening naked on World Naked Gardening Day 2017 (6 May 2017) and...
        "There were no arguments, those were ass chewings....."
        Nick Saban 9/10/2016

Comment

Originally posted by RhinoGuy View Post

You need to prune the leaves off of a lot of herbs to keep them growing. Cilantro may be one of those types.
          Basil is definitely this way. I think you have to keep it from flowering too.

Comment

Snowed here all last week. I wont be able to plant for another week or two. Very short growing season at 7,000 feet.

My chickens and bees keep me busy in the meantime.

Few things I've learned over the years:

Never plant potatoes in the ground. They grow so much better in containers, and are sooooo much easier to plant/harvest in containers.

Keep your tomatoes pruned, and don't let them become a burden on one another. Got to prune them early to shape them right. Keep the suckers pruned off of them for best results.

If youre thinking about giving that nice piece of squash another few days... dont. Deer will eat it, or you'll forget to grab it, and it'll end up too big, and the deer will eat it. The deer will eat it.

Comment

Originally posted by T&B
              Snowed here all last week. I wont be able to plant for another week or two. Very short growing season at 7,000 feet.

My chickens and bees keep me busy in the meantime.

Few things I've learned over the years:

Never plant potatoes in the ground. They grow so much better in containers, and are sooooo much easier to plant/harvest in containers.

Keep your tomatoes pruned, and don't let them become a burden on one another. Got to prune them early to shape them right. Keep the suckers pruned off of them for best results.

If youre thinking about giving that nice piece of squash another few days... dont. Deer will eat it, or you'll forget to grab it, and it'll end up too big, and the deer will eat it. The deer will eat it.
              Your water boils at around 14 degrees less than boiling water at sea level.

TTMTOTPIC

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by RhinoGuy View Post

Your water boils at around 14 degrees less than boiling water at sea level.

TTMTOTPIC

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
                Takes the poor guy longer to cook his pasta. Damn water won't stay liquid.

Comment

Definitely have to keep the basil and cilantro from flowering... we've done a good job of that.... just weird how the cilantro went from skyrocketing to bust so fast.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Comment

CIlantro smells like dirty sox

Comment

I love cilantro. But not too much, too much will ruin your salsa

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

We are humming along now. Already pulled 7 maters off the first plant, and the second plant is starting to really produce.... 63 tomatoes between the two right now.

Bell peppers and banana peppers growing well too!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Those aren't gardening hands. Have you even labored a day in your life, Pink?

Comment

Good looking maters and peppers, Pink.

Comment

Some fresh salsa and margaritas sure sounds good

Comment

Originally posted by Stan View Post
                                Some fresh salsa and margaritas sure sounds good
                                Damn if it doesn't. Think I'll start off by cracking open a beer and work my way up.

Comment

Working...
                                X