No announcement yet.

People who died....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roy Clark is gone. He and Buck can get on with their heavenly picking and grinning.

Comment

• Glen can join in, too.

Comment

• Originally posted by It Takes Eleven View Post
        Glen can join in, too.
        I've met Roy. He is like 5'5" - but super nice

Comment

•  

Comment

• Originally posted by Pinche Cabron View Post

I've met Roy. He is like 5'5" - but super nice
            Soon to be -6'.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal Lecter MD View Post

Soon to be -6'.
              True dat. His wife was short too. They were very humble

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal Lecter MD View Post
                Soon to be -6'.
                Cold, brother.

Roy was one of the great mechanics of his day on guitar and banjo, playing "clean" even at extraordinary tempos. But his picking always lacked feeling, in my opinion.
                Last edited by Sid Youngleman; 11-15-2018, 01:49 PM.

Comment

• Roy was a very under rated amazingly talented musician. Beyond just country music.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sid Youngleman View Post

Cold, brother.

Roy was one of the great mechanics of his day on guitar and banjo, playing "clean" even at extraordinary tempos. But his picking always lacked feeling, in my opinion.
                    I thought his competence, at times, appeared effortless, but he showed feeling at times. I used to chuckle at the grin he'd get when he was really concentrating on a piece.

Comment

•  

Comment

• George H.W. Bush. RIP
                        "There were no arguments, those were ass chewings....."
                        Nick Saban 9/10/2016

“I don’t know who is driving all this stuff, but to me it’s kind of like mouse manure when you’re up to your ears in elephant doo-doo,"
                        Nick Saban 05/29/2018

“You’re ruining the game with RPOs and illegal guys downfield. And you think it should be legal. You think it’s normal. Kiss my ass.”
                        Nick Saban 06/13/2018

Comment

• Originally posted by quack quack bang View Post
                          George H.W. Bush. RIP
                          Amen. Not many WWII vets still around. The guy who wrote Flags of Our Fathers, James Bradley, also wrote Flyboys. An outstanding book, it covers the air raids of a communications complex at Chichi Jima. It was heavily fortified and their artillery took out many of our planes as they tried to bomb. Of those shot down, all but one of the surviving pilots were captured and detained on the island. All were eventually killed. A U.S. submarine beat a Japanese destroyer to one surviving pilot, rescuing him just a few hundred yards ahead of the same fate. It was George H. W. Bush. The book covers the lives of the doomed pilots, and is definitely worth a read.

Comment

• It's unbelievable how much tougher the old guys born in the 20's 30"s were than modern men.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by RhinoGuy View Post
                              It's unbelievable how much tougher the old guys born in the 20's 30"s were than modern men.

Was definitely a much tougher world they lived in.

Comment

• Originally posted by RhinoGuy View Post
                                It's unbelievable how much tougher the old guys born in the 20's 30"s were than modern men.

https://www.healio.com/endocrinology...evels-observed

Comment

Working...
                                X