Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Thoughts Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Pulls out the Old man soapbox ==> this is the stupidest thing in the world. The stuff people get excited about, smh. I just don't get it

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Pinche Cabron
      Pulls out the Old man soapbox ==> this is the stupidest thing in the world. The stuff people get excited about, smh. I just don't get it
      A lot of times I feel similarly about things which excite the masses, but the rarity and massive scale (in a universal sort of way) of this event is pretty cool to get to witness. Granted I'm not planning to do anything special. Just take a gander 4 of 5 times over the course of it.

      Comment


      • I just hope it doesn't mess up my TV reception

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Hannibal Lecter MD View Post

          A lot of times I feel similarly about things which excite the masses, but the rarity and massive scale (in a universal sort of way) of this event is pretty cool to get to witness. Granted I'm not planning to do anything special. Just take a gander 4 of 5 times over the course of it.
          I suppose the geese will still be flying. Never thought of it.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by BillBrosky View Post

            I suppose the geese will still be flying. Never thought of it.
            The one back in '79, you could hear a pin drop. No birds chirping or flying. It was an eerie calm.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by 2Stater View Post

              The one back in '79, you could hear a pin drop. No birds chirping or flying. It was an eerie calm.
              Rumor got around down here that they were canceling classes in Baldwin county because of it and safety concerns. By the way, today is the first day of classes in Baldwin county. Shows how dumb folks are.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by RhinoGuy View Post
                My wife is driving to Tennessee to watch the damn thing
                /insert glasses joke

                Comment


                • Isn't there another eclipse in 2024 or something? I think balls will be in a prime spot for that one. Sad that half of the woolly won't make it. Lot of FEC members in here.

                  Comment


                  • I remember one in the late 80s

                    Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

                    Comment


                    • I thought this damn thing only comes around every 90 years

                      Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by RhinoGuy View Post
                        My wife is driving to Tennessee to watch the damn thing
                        Aztecs believed a lunar eclipse was a result of a bite being taken out of the moon. This idea translated into the Mexican superstition that if a pregnant woman viewed an eclipse, a bite would be taken out of her unborn child's face. Hindu text credits the eclipse to the head of the demon Rahu, who ate the moon or sun.



                        Comment


                        • My Roman name may have been Fucktavious.

                          Comment


                          • I don't even see the moon. Shouldn't it already be on its way??

                            Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by BillBrosky View Post
                              My Roman name may have been Fucktavious.
                              I thought it was Fucktallofus

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Biff View Post
                                I don't even see the moon. Shouldn't it already be on its way??

                                Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
                                Still on the west coast, moving west to east.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X