Slower Thoughts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slower Thoughts

A thread for longer, thoughtful posts. What keeps you up at night, other than an amorous spouse?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You're going to get awful lonely in here by yourself.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

I appreciate your perspective.

Comment

No you don't

Comment

Originally posted by Biff View Post
          No you don't

No, really. I value it.

Comment

Recommendations on a chainsaw? I won't spend a bunch because it won't be used that much

Comment

Originally posted by Stan View Post
              Recommendations on a chainsaw? I won't spend a bunch because it won't be used that much
              I've had good luck with a couple of Echo brands from Home Depot, both smaller models, but I've cut logs up 14 inches or so with them when I don't have my large Husqvarna with me. Particularly if you're not going to use it much, don't ever use gas with ethanol in it. It's death to small engines.

Comment

Another vote for Echo from the depot.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by It Takes Eleven View Post

don't ever use gas with ethanol in it. It's death to small engines.
                  Truer words cannot be spoken.

Comment

Any good saws at lowes? I have a $100 in store credit I need to use. Poulan any good? I'm nervous about a husqvarna, I've had issues with other products of theirs

Comment

A thread for longer, thoughtful posts. What keeps you up at night, other than an amorous spouse?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Agents that piss me off. During open enrollment, we pay $500 for each Walmart store that we set agents up in. I have one agent who requested a particular Walmart, so I got it for him. Now, he thinks it's his and his alone. I had to set him straight by assigning other agents to that store with him.

Ungrateful bastard!

Comment

Any good saws at lowes? I have a $100 in store credit I need to use. Poulan any good? I'm nervous about a husqvarna, I've had issues with other products of theirs
                        I have buddies who like Stihl and Poulan saws. The $100 credit would be worth going there. The Husky I have is probably 25 years old, I think with a 50 or 54cc engine. It will cut as long as you can hang with it, which for me is less than a full day. It's a hoss.

Comment

Originally posted by 2Stater View Post

Agents that piss me off. During open enrollment, we pay $500 for each Walmart store that we set agents up in. I have one agent who requested a particular Walmart, so I got it for him. Now, he thinks it's his and his alone. I had to set him straight by assigning other agents to that store with him.

Ungrateful bastard!
                          Are you dealing in straight health insurance or medicare/plus/gap plans?

Comment

Are you dealing in straight health insurance or medicare/plus/gap plans?
                            95% Medicare with about 80% of that, Medicare Advantage.

Comment

Do you have a Rural King nearby? If so, they sell reconditioned Husqvarna saws at a good price. I have two 455 Ranchers that are hard to beat.

Stan, if you go very long between uses, empty the gas out of the tank and run your saw until it shuts off/ out of gas in the lines - because the gas will ruin the carbs if you don't.

Comment

Working...
                              X