No announcement yet.

The Biff and Balls Apple Watch thread.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Biff and Balls Apple Watch thread.

Since neither of us can figure out how to PM from Tapa to desktop (I blame Hannibal...faggot), I'll put this here...

If your kiddo isn't a runner I'd probably go with the series one watch. Its the cheapest and does not have GPS or the ability to add a "plan" to it. It would get messages, phone calls, and other notifications as long as the phone is nearby.

Series 2 is the same thing but has a built in GPS. Its more for runners who done want to take their phones along also. It'll track a route via GPS but won';t get all the other notifications or be connected to any internet unless the phone is nearby.

Series 3 has the built in GPS and has the ability to add an internet plan. That way if you want to leave your phone at home then you could still get service from the cell towers and get notifications, messages and phone calls. I don't know about other providers, but through AT&T, if you want to add the plan its a $10/month flat fee.

I've read that the Bluetooth max distance is 330'. Does that sound accurate?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Biff View Post
      I've read that the Bluetooth max distance is 330'. Does that sound accurate?

Yeah, it really does. I would doubt they've changed the distance between the three versions.

Comment

You have to have a separate phone plan for your watch?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by RhinoGuy View Post
          You have to have a separate phone plan for your watch?

If you want to get internet connectivity and phone calls and leave your phone at home...yes.

Comment

Yeah, we aren't doing that. Not adding anymore money to our bill.

Is series 1 waterproof?

Comment

Yeah, we aren't doing that. Not adding anymore money to our bill.

Is series 1 waterproof?

Water resistant. I think the other two are water proof. I've splashed mine quite a bit doing different things. I also wear it while running, all the time. Never had a sweat issue.

Comment

This is making Balls day. Almost like having a real friend isn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by Stan View Post
                  This is making Balls day. Almost like having a real friend isn't it?
                  I happen to have knowledge about this one very specific thing and Biff is just using me for it.

I couldn't be happier.

Comment

So is the series 2 significantly better than series 1?

Comment

So is the series 2 significantly better than series 1?

I didn't think so. That's why I'm still on Series 1. they just added built in GPS for the running apps and waterproofed it. If those things appeal to you then go with that one.

Comment

Worst thread ever.

Comment

He tries to justify having one by saying he'll use it while swimming. But I know he'll just use it as a novelty item. He can't go without his actual phone for snap chatting and Instagraming

Wait till you fellas (Balls and Stan) get a teenager....

Comment

Originally posted by Big Balls

I didn't think so. That's why I'm still on Series 1. they just added built in GPS for the running apps and waterproofed it. If those things appeal to you then go with that one.
                            Does your phone GPS not work? I can't imagine a situation where I would need a watch with a GPS built in.

Comment

Originally posted by RhinoGuy View Post
                              I can't imagine a situation where I would need a watch with a GPS built in.

When you forget your phone and need gps

Comment

Working...
                              X