Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who here cooks? Need recommendations.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Who here cooks? Need recommendations.

    I know this isn't a normal topic for here but I'm throwing it out there anyway.
    If I remember correctly a lot of you guys cook/grill.

    I am defrosting porterhouse pork chops.

    Recommendations on how to season them? It's too late to do a marinade.
    I don't really want to deal with the grill.

    Normally I season with John Henry's rubs but thought I'd see if yall have ideas.




    "Never trust a big butt and a smile" - Bel Biv Devoe

  • #2
    Any P. Chops I just salt and pepper with a lil Lowrey's garlic salt w/ parsley.
    I found with the chops and a good cut of beef, less is more. no dang sauce either...although, I do like a lil 57sauce every so often. Never A1.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by AllieZ View Post
      I know this isn't a normal topic for here but I'm throwing it out there anyway.
      If I remember correctly a lot of you guys cook/grill.

      I am defrosting porterhouse pork chops.

      Recommendations on how to season them? It's too late to do a marinade.
      I don't really want to deal with the grill.

      Normally I season with John Henry's rubs but thought I'd see if yall have ideas.



      Try Pileteri's Spicey original
      "There were no arguments, those were ass chewings....."
      Nick Saban 9/10/2016

      Comment


      • #4
        Just dont over cook them. 145 internal temp will give you a good texture and not be too dry.

        Comment


        • #5
          I always like a cream of celery or mushroom served over a rice bed. I’m simple like that. If not, I just grill them.


          Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Down4ttown View Post
            I always like a cream of celery or mushroom served over a rice bed. I’m simple like that. If not, I just grill them.


            Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            I do that with the thin boneless cutlets....so good.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by RhinoGuy View Post
              Just dont over cook them. 145 internal temp will give you a good texture and not be too dry.
              I was about to say this exact thing. Cooking a chop to the right temp is more important than seasoning (well maybe other than salt). The pork itself has wonderful flavor.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Bamaholic View Post
                Any P. Chops I just salt and pepper with a lil Lowrey's garlic salt w/ parsley.
                I found with the chops and a good cut of beef, less is more. no dang sauce either...although, I do like a lil 57sauce every so often. Never A1.
                I am almost offended if sauce is asked for, especially if it is done before tasting.
                "Never trust a big butt and a smile" - Bel Biv Devoe

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Hannibal Lecter MD View Post

                  The pork itself has wonderful flavor.
                  Spoken like a tru....

                  Ah nevermind..the fat jokes are getting old, even to me.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by AllieZ View Post

                    I am almost offended if sauce is asked for, especially if it is done before tasting.
                    My wife is the same way. If its pork I want sauce. I dont care how good it is without it.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      The chicken is the closest living ancestor to the T-Rex

                      Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Biff View Post
                        The chicken is the closest living ancestor to the T-Rex

                        Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                        The Less You Know * * * * * **

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Big Balls

                          Spoken like a tru....

                          Ah nevermind..the fat jokes are getting old, even to me.
                          Oh I don't care. Joke away.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Biff
                            The chicken is the closest living ancestor to the T-Rex

                            Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                            It's obviously the kangaroo.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              No it's not

                              Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X