Favorite Christmas Movies

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hannibal Lecter MD
    I don't know that I've ever watched any Christmas movie all the way through at one time.
    And yet, you've seen every single scene at least a dozen times.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by AllieZ View Post
      None.
      I will watch a Christmas movie if it is on but other than the cheesy Hallmark movies on this time of the year I don't seek them out.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	2BA61736-796C-4B95-B125-181AB12954F3.gif
Views:	2
Size:	591.7 KB
ID:	41268
      "There were no arguments, those were ass chewings....."
      Nick Saban 9/10/2016

“I don’t know who is driving all this stuff, but to me it’s kind of like mouse manure when you’re up to your ears in elephant doo-doo,"
      Nick Saban 05/29/2018

“You’re ruining the game with RPOs and illegal guys downfield. And you think it should be legal. You think it’s normal. Kiss my ass.”
      Nick Saban 06/13/2018

Comment

Planes, Trains and Automobiles qualifies right?

Sent from my SM-G550T1 using Tapatalk

Comment

PT&A is a Thanksgiving movie. It's one of my favorites though. Top 10 for me

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Stan

Maybe try the grinch
            Another rare instance of Stan being witty.

Comment

Originally posted by Hannibal Lecter MD View Post
              I don't know that I've ever watched any Christmas movie all the way through at one time.
              That must be pretty confusing for you. Do you have a sense of having seen one where an old Victorian miser tries to convince Natalie Wood that there's not really a James Stewart?

Comment

Originally posted by Sid Youngleman View Post

That must be pretty confusing for you. Do you have a sense of having seen one where an old Victorian miser tries to convince Natalie Wood that there's not really a James Stewart?
                Sid, you should have been a standup comedian. You are the funniest guy on the innerwebs. I want to be like you when I grow up.

Comment

Now that I no longer have students, y'all are the only more or less captive audience I've got. Remember to tip your waitress; and try the veal.

Comment

Originally posted by Sid Youngleman
                    Now that I no longer have students, y'all are the only more or less captive audience I've got. Remember to tip your waitress; and try the veal.
                    We are your opus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I go broke tipping waitresses. After 3 daughters working in the service industry whilst they were in college, and eating at their establishments to help them out, I have a great appreciation for what severs go through. Unless they suck, I always tip well. I would be surprised if many of your students weren't servers, assuming you were a college professor.

Comment

Originally posted by 2Stater View Post

I go broke tipping waitresses. After 3 daughters working in the service industry whilst they were in college, and eating at their establishments to help them out, I have a great appreciation for what severs go through. Unless they suck, I always tip well. I would be surprised if many of your students weren't servers, assuming you were a college professor.
                        Yep. I once had a student tell me that she had a job "slinging bagels." I explained that she needed to get her colloquialisms straight, and that we sling hash but schlep bagels. After over 30 years, she still calls me on my birthday.

Comment

Although I still think that appreciate what you did there, the only reference that I actually got was Jimmy Stewart.

Comment

Originally posted by Hannibal Lecter MD View Post

Although I still think that appreciate what you did there, the only reference that I actually got was Jimmy Stewart.
                            Victorian miser = A Christmas Carol
                            (Little) Natalie Wood = Miracle on 34th Street

Comment

Yep. I once had a student tell me that she had a job "slinging bagels." I explained that she needed to get her colloquialisms straight, and that we sling hash but schlep bagels. After over 30 years, she still calls me on my birthday.
                              That means you're more than just funny.

Comment

Victorian miser = A Christmas Carol
                                (Little) Natalie Wood = Miracle on 34th Street
                                I did at least surmise enough to figure it was three movies combined into one.

Comment

Working...
                                X