Christmas - I'm Done with it

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christmas - I'm Done with it

I'm done with it. I'm not using the word "done" in the sense that I've got presents for everyone on the list wrapped and under the tree. I'm using "done" as in completely over all the hype, commercials, expectations, "perfect" gifts, purchasing, wrapping, crowds, shipping, etc.

Except for the Christmas Eve church services that I truly look forward to, I AM DONE WITH IT.

That is all.
    "There were no arguments, those were ass chewings....."
    Nick Saban 9/10/2016

“I don’t know who is driving all this stuff, but to me it’s kind of like mouse manure when you’re up to your ears in elephant doo-doo,"
    Nick Saban 05/29/2018

“You’re ruining the game with RPOs and illegal guys downfield. And you think it should be legal. You think it’s normal. Kiss my ass.”
    Nick Saban 06/13/2018

My wife always has a pre-Christmas meltdown. She's had several versions of it this season.

Comment

I just told someone else the same thing about an hour ago.

The commercialization spoils it for me long before it arrives each year.

Comment

Well, there's always Kwanza. Never see a commercial for Kwanza. No black Friday Kwanza sale. No Kwanza clause.

Sent from my SM-G550T1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Festivus is always an option.

Comment

I still haven't picked out a present for my wife. I may just make a donation to the human fund in her name

Comment

My wife went shopping Thursday and lost her wallet, which she didn't discover until Friday and which she didn't tell me about (thinking it might be somewhere around the house) until Saturday. On Sunday, the local police called and said that someone had turned the wallet in to them (small-town North Carolina, after all). Until I witnessed her reaction to the news, I had never fully comprehended the profound emotional and spiritual relationship between a woman and her credit cards.

Comment

Originally posted by Sid Youngleman View Post
                My wife went shopping Thursday and lost her wallet, which she didn't discover until Friday and which she didn't tell me about (thinking it might be somewhere around the house) until Saturday. On Sunday, the local police called and said that someone had turned the wallet in to them (small-town North Carolina, after all). Until I witnessed her reaction to the news, I had never fully comprehended the profound emotional and spiritual relationship between a woman and her credit cards.
                Now that's a happy ending, Sid.

God Bless us, one and all.
                "There were no arguments, those were ass chewings....."
                Nick Saban 9/10/2016

“I don’t know who is driving all this stuff, but to me it’s kind of like mouse manure when you’re up to your ears in elephant doo-doo,"
                Nick Saban 05/29/2018

“You’re ruining the game with RPOs and illegal guys downfield. And you think it should be legal. You think it’s normal. Kiss my ass.”
                Nick Saban 06/13/2018

Comment

Originally posted by Sid Youngleman
                  Wallet returned with all cash included and cards/IDs present and accounted for? That's indeed a modern rarity.

Comment

Originally posted by Sid Youngleman
                    You must live in Mount Airy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Mrs Bill lost hers a few years back and delayed the news to me a couple of days. I hit the roof and made her sit down and call all of the card people. It turned up two months later at Winn Dixie. They had put it in their office and forgot about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Hannibal Lecter MD View Post

Wallet returned with all cash included and cards/IDs present and accounted for? That's indeed a modern rarity.
                        Yep, totally intact.

Comment

Originally posted by BillBrosky View Post
                          Mrs Bill lost hers a few years back and delayed the news to me a couple of days. I hit the roof and made her sit down and call all of the card people. It turned up two months later at Winn Dixie. They had put it in their office and forgot about it.
                          http://fbcs.edu.ky/grade4/files/2016/02/winn01.jpg

Comment

Sid, next trip up to NC I'll kidnap Stater and we'll road trip to your place. A small scale Woolly reunion.

Comment

Originally posted by It Takes Eleven View Post

You must live in Mount Airy.
                              Barney called personally and advised me that if my wife was getting careless with her wallet, I needed to nip it in the bud. He added that bud-nipping is what all the authorities recommend.

The incident in question actually occurred in Blowing Rock, however.

Comment

Working...
                              X