No announcement yet.

Merry Christmas Woolly!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I haven't eaten so much in 2 days since my 20s.

Comment

https://youtu.be/P37xPiRz1sg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Big Balls View Post

But on the bright side, I have to work today.
        You rascal, I bet you volunteered.

Comment

Originally posted by BillBrosky View Post

You rascal, I bet you volunteered.
          No but I would have if that was the case.

Comment

Originally posted by Hannibal Lecter MD View Post
            I haven't eaten so much in 2 days since my 20s.
            After doing my famous turkey and two twice smoked spiral cut hams I wasn't even hungry yesterday.

Any of you folks ever tried the 500 degree for one hour method on a turkey overnight? Easy and guaranteed suculancy.

Comment

After doing my famous turkey and two twice smoked spiral cut hams I wasn't even hungry yesterday.

Any of you folks ever tried the 500 degree for one hour method on a turkey overnight? Easy and guaranteed suculancy.
              Never tried that.

Over the holidays we had ham and all the fixings Sat w my parents, kids, brother, SIL, and their girls..
              Hooters on Sunday.
              Chicken and dressings with all the fixings Monday (lunch) with my parents and boys then Legends Bistro (Dinner)

All I cooked so far is rum cakes, a cheesecake and blueberry muffins.
              We did supply the ham but the Honey Baked company did the prep.
              "Never trust a big butt and a smile" - Bel Biv Devoe

Comment

I have heard other people talk about how good it is. Ive always been afraid to try it though. Seems like the middle of the turkey would be at bad temps for too long.

Comment

Originally posted by RhinoGuy View Post

I have heard other people talk about how good it is. Ive always been afraid to try it though. Seems like the middle of the turkey would be at bad temps for too long.
                  If you wrap it up real good in the pan, have an oven that doesn't have that fan cooling it off when the oven is shut off, and don't open the door, then there's nothing to worry about. I inject it with cajun butter, two bottles, put sectioned onions under the skin, and coat it down real good with Tony's seasoning. Makes for one moist bird!

Comment

It's smoked ham sammich time!

Comment

It's smoked ham sammich time!
                      HA! Rye bread and swiss cheese is on my afternoon grocery list.

Comment

HA! Rye bread and swiss cheese is on my afternoon grocery list.

I don't know why you'd ruin a good ham sammich with rye bread.

Comment

I don't know why you'd ruin a good ham sammich with rye bread.
                          I know it, can't help myself.

Comment

If you wrap it up real good in the pan, have an oven that doesn't have that fan cooling it off when the oven is shut off, and don't open the door, then there's nothing to worry about. I inject it with cajun butter, two bottles, put sectioned onions under the skin, and coat it down real good with Tony's seasoning. Makes for one moist bird!
                            What size turkey is this for? It obviously can't work well for both an 11lb bird and a 24lb bird.

I'm pretty happy with my brine and smoke to temp method.

Comment

What size turkey is this for? It obviously can't work well for both an 11lb bird and a 24lb bird.

I'm pretty happy with my brine and smoke to temp method.
                              Well, it would vary a little, sure. If it's a huge bird, say 20+, I would add 10 more minutes.

Now I do likes with me some brine bird, no doubt.

Comment

Working...
                              X