Let's talk mother-in-laws

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's talk mother-in-laws

My MIL was really tolerable up and until about 3 years ago. She has always overdramatized everything and always complained but now its X1000.

She recently quit her job and lost her teeth (in her early 60s). She refused to wear her teeth unless she goes out in public, so now she talks with a lisp and if you've ever been around someone with their teeth out she always making a chewing motion with her bottom jaw. When Biff said that his MIL has given up on life, I feel like thats what has happened here. She probably drinks 6 or 7 Dr Peppers a day and for Christmas Eve dinner, she only ate a plateful of dessert.

She also got an inheritance when her dad died about 2 years ago and is giving all the money away. She did give some to us, but she is also giving it to some trashy people who are always in and out of jail from her hometown. On the 23rd at 8 pm she asked if I could run her up to Walmart to Western Union some money. Her daughter overheard her (my SIL) and said (to her) no you will not. I backed out and let them deal with it.

I could go on and on...

Y'all got any crazy MIL stories?

Not the MIL, she sedates herself with opiates. The FIL has always stuck his nose in our business. I have to back him down from time to time and remind him that I am the man of my house, my rules.

The BIL and his wife always come in for Christmas, and they are a bit strange, artsy type folk, never on time, the world waits for them. Lunch yesterday was scheduled for 12:30, they show up at 2:45. We always open presents after eating. We get in there and they put in that each person opens a gift and it works it's way around the room, one gift, one person at a time. My response, Y'all come get me when I can open all of mine at one time because I have to work in the morning. They always over buy and each person has 8 or 9 gifts. That shit would've taken until midnight because they have to tell a story of what they were thinking when they bought each gift.

Comment

My current MIL is really good.
      She would love it if I would convert to Catholicism but has accepted that that isn't happening. I was raised Pentecostal. We respect each others boundaries there. i

My former MIL was (and is) a bitch who thrives on strife, conflict and drama. She's a bitter, hateful woman.

When she visited it was horrible. She talked about everyone in the family to me and about me to them, was never happy w anything I did or prepared from the food, activities and even the water. - I had to buy a specific brand of bottled water for her ..it drove me nuts because she poured it over regular ice.

I didn't visit her much partly because she didn't prepare for having kids in the house..I always had to go to the store and buy groceries for my kids to eat while we were there. She had no juice, cereal, goldfish, meat, etc. Toddlers don't eat brussel sprouts and broccoli. Visiting her was costly.

She borrowed money to replace the tires on her car then decided to go to the beach the next day and stay a week. Perhaps she should have used that money for tires.
      Lots of money borrowing but no repaying.

My ex was an alcoholic. She told me he drank because I'm a bitch and hard to live with.
      He started drinking when he lived w her but...

She told me I should model my parenting more like people "that are actually good at it."

She wasn't mean to my kids but she didn't put any effort into seeing them either. They still aren't close to her.

She's a very unhappy person. She has no friends because she's so negative about everything and everyone. She sucks the joy right out of any situation or gathering but whines when she doesn't get invited to functions. I hate whinning.

For Mother's Day one year she gave me a framed 8 x 10 picture of herself.

Now the focus of her wrath is her new DIL. I almost feel sorry for the poor woman.

If I run into her now she's as sweet as pie. She asks the kids all about my house, what kind of car I drive, any trips I've taken, Mr Z, etc.

Maybe she was constipated for the whole 18 years I was in the family.... Whatever the reason she was never my biggest fan and I quit expecting anything nice or even civil from her. I tolerated her when I had to, as most ppl do.

"Never trust a big butt and a smile" - Bel Biv Devoe

Comment

I've got it pretty good with in-laws. The only sister my wife still fraternizes with is really cool, lives locally, brother-in-law really down to earth. They both disowned the other two crazy sisters and their white trash spawn in Kentucky. The mother-in-law's been gone for sometime, but she was hard-working steady woman as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by It Takes Eleven View Post
          I've got it pretty good with in-laws. The only sister my wife still fraternizes with is really cool, lives locally, brother-in-law really down to earth. They both disowned the other two crazy sisters and their white trash spawn in Kentucky. The mother-in-law's been gone for sometime, but she was hard-working steady woman as well.

Did the Kentuckians kill her?

Comment

Originally posted by BillBrosky

Did the Kentuckians kill her?
            Yes, with an assist from a two pack plus a day habit.

Comment

You people have no idea

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

This is my third set of in-laws, so yes, I have a variety of idea.

Comment

Hopefully I can have one of these fine MIL people in my life one day.

Comment

Originally posted by Hannibal Lecter MD View Post
                    Hopefully I can have one of these fine MIL people in my life one day.
                    Shop at the local orphanage.

Comment

Originally posted by Biff View Post
                      You people have no idea

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                      I know my post was long...but did you read any of it? In one case, she gave out $9,500 to some trash she barely knows.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Balls

I know my post was long...but did you read any of it? In one case, she gave out $9,500 to some trash she barely knows.
                        Biff rarely looks past his own circumstances to empathize with others. I have concern for your MIL, Balls, just as I do Biff's monopod in-law. Biff, that dentist's wife going through that divorce has been on my mind lately. How's she doing?

Comment

Biff should lift Balls's MIL up in prayer in their prayer group.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Balls View Post

Craziness...
                            How does your deal w her mother's irresponsible behavior? It's got to be hard on her.
                            "Never trust a big butt and a smile" - Bel Biv Devoe

Comment

Originally posted by AllieZ View Post

Craziness...
                              How does your deal w her mother's irresponsible behavior? It's got to be hard on her.
                              they just learned about the money stuff on Christmas Eve. My wife, I think, tries to pretend like its not happening..but is starting to get more angry. My SIL is very angry.

Comment

Working...
                              X