Let's talk mother-in-laws

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Big Balls View Post

they just learned about the money stuff on Christmas Eve. My wife, I think, tries to pretend like its not happening..but is starting to get more angry. My SIL is very angry.
    About the teeth or money?

Comment

Originally posted by Big Balls View Post

they just learned about the money stuff on Christmas Eve. My wife, I think, tries to pretend like its not happening..but is starting to get more angry. My SIL is very angry.
      Understandable.
      Mom's aren't supposed to act that way.

Could there be an underlying medical issue? A friends mom started spending excessively,, giving away money, acting strange and we found out she had a new onset neurological condition. Things got really bad before she was diagnosed...she went thru all her money, was bouncing checks, bills went unpaid.
      "Never trust a big butt and a smile" - Bel Biv Devoe

Comment

My MIL passed away a couple of years ago. She had things rough in her life and was a saint. Really a great person. Now my wife could give you the good MIL stories. My mom is a pain in the ass

Comment

Originally posted by AllieZ View Post

Understandable.
          Mom's aren't supposed to act that way.

Could there be an underlying medical issue? A friends mom started spending excessively,, giving away money, acting strange and we found out she had a new onset neurological condition. Things got really bad before she was diagnosed...she went thru all her money, was bouncing checks, bills went unpaid.
          Probably...It could even be depression. Given all her other issues, it wouldn't suprise me.

Comment

I dont have many problems out of my MIL. My wifes family is not very close and I dont think they really care what goes on with her.

Comment

Ain't seen my MIL in prolly, 8 years.
              Haven't really been lookin tho

Sent from my SM-G550T1 using Tapatalk

Comment

My ex MIL is single if anyone is looking for a companion. Maybe some "loving" will end the bad mood she's been in for at least the last 25 years.

Comment

My MIL died a few years ago. She was a saint and I loved her dearly. She always told me I was her favorite son-in-law. I sure miss her peas and butter beans, too.

Comment

Originally posted by Stan View Post
                    Now my wife could give you the good MIL stories. My mom is a pain in the ass
                    My mother is VERY self centered. The type that will ask you how you are, won't let you get a sentence out before she's telling you minor woes in her life. Mrs Bill knows how to handle her though. Heck, I remember during Katrina everything being torn up down here, having to wait in gas lines for 2 1/2 hours, I was telling her about it and she cuts me off complaining that she had to wait in line through 5 vehicles to get gas up in north Alabama. I went off on her and when I was finished about all the distressed and misplaced people down here she was wanting to know if she could bring some 5 gallon cans of gas, whatever food, and meet in Montgomery.

Comment

My mother is one that likes to help, but she puts everything in the wrong places, buys 10 bottles of salad dressing (not joking) because they are on sale. "They can sit on your shelf just as well as the store." She also buys so much junk food for my kids, pisses my wife off.

If anyone is wondering, we pay her to watch the two youngest, she needs the money.

Comment

My mom is as sweet as she can be, but shes getting older and her mind has started slipping. Doing anything with her like traveling or shopping has gotten pretty difficult.

Comment

Originally posted by RhinoGuy View Post
                          My mom is as sweet as she can be, but shes getting older and her mind has started slipping. Doing anything with her like traveling or shopping has gotten pretty difficult.
                          It is like that w my dad.
                          We try to do things w him but its difficult.

Comment

Originally posted by RhinoGuy
                            Mine is starting to get to that point as well.

Comment

My MIL just got a boob job and her neck tucked. She is a career waitress and is basically the farthest thing from common sense that I could find in the world.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Down4ttown View Post
                                My MIL just got a boob job and her neck tucked. She is a career waitress and is basically the farthest thing from common sense that I could find in the world.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                How old is she?

Comment

Working...
                                X