Comment

Originally posted by BillBrosky View Post

This is where we miss our NJ poster!
      Maybe he'll recognize the bat signal,

Comment

GFP

Sent from my SM-G550T1 using Tapatalk

Comment

I think we're missing an opportunity to thank local law enforcement for their help. Who would expect the local constable to mitigate money transfers ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Big Balls

The FIL never responded to my wife but we know he said something to the MIL because she texted my wife and said "Thanks a lot for telling him...you can just talk to him from now on!".

Update for today: My wife went to school with the Sheriff and she called him last night. She saw (by spying) where my MIL was about to head to the grocery store and Western Union some money to the scammer. The Sherriff was able to get to her in the grocery store before she did anything. The Sherriff claimed he had been alerted recently that she has been sending several wires in large amounts, but he didnt say where he heard it from. Keep in mind, my MIL isnt aware my wife can see everything she says to this guy (Yes, she is that damn stupid).
            This sounds like such a small town Texas thing.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by RhinoGuy
              This sounds like such a small town Texas thing.

Yes, this is the epitome of responsible enforcement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

BW = Balls wife
                SL = Sherrif Luke

BW: Calls Sherrif office (phone rings twice)
                SL: Sheriffs office, how can we help you today?
                BW: HI, is sherrif Luke around?
                SL: (props feet up on his desk) This is Sherrif Luke. How can I help you darlin?
                BW: I know this is going to sound crazy but I think my mom is being scammed by a online predator. She is sending money to someone she's never even met.
                SL: just calm down honeybee, (gazes over to see deputy sleeping and covered in dust) we get a lot of calls like this and handle them when we have time. We should be able to squeeze this In between the 265 high school football games and 8 cattle auctions we are working security for this week.
                *tumbleweeds roll by

To be continued by another poster.....

Comment

Very small town. My wife graduated with the guy and her dad and his dad are friends. They grew up together. She texted him and h helped out.

ITE, it almost sounds like you have a legit problem with the way it was handled. That bother you?

Comment

Originally posted by RhinoGuy View Post
                    BW = Balls wife
                    SL = Sheriff Luke

BW: Calls Sheriff office (phone rings twice)
                    SL: Sheriffs office, how can we help you today?
                    BW: HI, is sheriff Luke around?
                    SL: (props feet up on his desk) This is Sheriff Luke. How can I help you darlin?
                    BW: I know this is going to sound crazy but I think my mom is being scammed by a online predator. She is sending money to someone she's never even met.
                    SL: just calm down honeybee, (gazes over to see deputy sleeping and covered in dust) we get a lot of calls like this and handle them when we have time. We should be able to squeeze this In between the 265 high school football games and 8 cattle auctions we are working security for this week.
                    *tumbleweeds roll by

SL: [picks up radio charging in cradle on desk] Bubba, you got your ears on?
                    Deputy Bubba Johnson (DBJ): Howboutcha, Luke? I’m at the Citgo talkin with Earline. She’s thinking about coming home again. Me and the kids still miss her, and we ain’t ate good but once since she left last month.
                    SL: I got a call about a 735 complaint from BW.
                    DBJ: My crime number chart got washed in my Carhardt jeans last week. What was that? 7? 4? 7?
                    SL: No, 735. Her momma’s done got lured in by some internet predator, and she’s wiring money all over the damn place.
                    DBJ: It ain’t that TV preacher from Rome Georgia again, is it? He sellin those fake Chinese made wooden crosses, refinished cabinets, barn wood tables, and green front door paint again?
                    SL: No, it ain’t that same guy. My cousin in Chattanooga tells me that guy swapped to conning people the old fashion way: real estate sales.
                    DBJ: Well, i did hear from Earl at the SaveMor last week that BW’s momma was wiring money everywhere with Western Union. But, Earl said it was all going to some feller named Bill in Mobile, AL. Earl showed me a picture. Guy has weird, shifty eyes and all his Facebook pictures show him on back porches or crawling out of windows.
                    SL: I’ll call my brother in law at the marina in Bay St Louis to check that out. I think he knows a guy with those same eyes that got caught sneaking onto people’s boats to steal fish and take pictures last summer. But I think we are dealing with a much heavier criminal this time. Somebody who knows a lot about vBulletin Version 5.3.0. Somebody who could convince a dynasty team’s strongest fan that the sky is falling.
                    DBJ: I bet it’s somebody who lives in more than one place, maybe even more than one state. You know, like a hobo.
                    SL: nawh, ain’t no hobo got enough technology sense to pull this off.
                    DBJ: what about somebody in the military? They got technology training.
                    SL: could be military, that’s true. But this has to be a big, heavy criminal.
                    DBJ: you think it could be somebody in the construction bidness?
                    SL: nawh, those guys have too many kids to run a scam this heavy.

"There were no arguments, those were ass chewings....."
                    Nick Saban 9/10/2016

Comment

• Originally posted by quack quack bang View Post

Deputy Bubba Johnson (DBJ): Howboutcha, Luke? I’m at the Citgo talkin with Earline. She’s thinking about coming home again. Me and the kids still miss her, and we ain’t ate good but once since she left last month.
                      DBJ: My crime number chart got washed in my Carhardt jeans last week. What was that? 7? 4? 7?
                      SL: No, 735. Her momma’s done got lured in by some internet predator, and she’s wiring money all over the damn place.
                      DBJ: It ain’t that TV preacher from Rome Georgia again, is it? He sellin those fake Chinese made wooden crosses, refinished cabinets, barn wood tables, and green front door paint again?
                      SL: No, it ain’t that same guy. My cousin in Chattanooga tells me that guy swapped to conning people the old fashion way: real estate sales.
                      DBJ: Well, i did hear from Earl at the SaveMor last week that BW’s momma was wiring money everywhere with Western Union. But, Earl said it was all going to some feller named Bill in Mobile, AL. Earl showed me a picture. Guy has weird, shifty eyes and all his Facebook pictures show him on back porches or crawling out of windows.
                      SL: I’ll call my brother in law at the marina in Bay St Louis to check that out. I think he knows a guy with those same eyes that got caught sneaking onto people’s boats to steal fish and take pictures last summer. But I think we are dealing with a much heavier criminal this time. Somebody who knows a lot about vBulletin Version 5.3.0. Somebody who could convince a dynasty team’s strongest fan that the sky is falling.
                      DBJ: I bet it’s somebody who lives in more than one place, maybe even more than one state. You know, like a hobo.

If we still had a "Hall of Fame" division, this would belong in it.

Having said that, Bill's gonna have to set you straight about the being from Mobile thing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Balls View Post
                        Very small town. My wife graduated with the guy and her dad and his dad are friends. They grew up together. She texted him and h helped out.

ITE, it almost sounds like you have a legit problem with the way it was handled. That bother you?
                        I don't at all. If you can halt an ongoing fraud rather than investigate a fraud that's already taken place, it's a heck of a lot easier to stop the bleeding. Once the money's gone, it's gone.

Comment

• Originally posted by It Takes Eleven View Post

I don't at all. If you can halt an ongoing fraud rather than investigate a fraud that's already taken place, it's a heck of a lot easier to stop the bleeding. Once the money's gone, it's gone.
                          Sorry. I got the vibe you might have been being sarcastic. I agree. however, after he talked to her it sounds like she has already sent money to others in different situations.

Comment

• Originally posted by quack quack bang View Post

Shut woollyal down. Let's leave on a high note

Comment

Working...
                            X