• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What y'all do with your used tree's?

Bon Fire? recycle?
    How long y'all leave em up?
    I take mine down jan 1

Fake tree, before midnight 12/31 else bad luck.

True story: The first couple years the Mrs and I were married I was very insistent on the tree being down before the stroke of midnight for the new year to the point of bitching and panicking. Then came that year I carried it a wee bit too far. She goes over to the tree, still all decorated, grabs it, topples it to the ground, and hollers "there, it's down". So damn funny I couldn't help but laugh.

Comment

I heard it was bad luck to take it down BEFORE Jan 1. Catholics leave it up till epiphany.

Comment

I usually dump mine off in front of the citys recycling center on new years day since they are closed.

Comment

Have a pre lit tree that has one section that doesn't work. Should last one more Christmas. Then I will take it to the dump

Comment

Originally posted by RhinoGuy View Post
            I usually dump mine off in front of the citys recycling center on new years day since they are closed.
            Figured you would pay the people that put it up to come get it. My mom did that years ago. The people kept the tree and put it up and took it down

Comment

I've never owned a tree.

Comment

Originally posted by Hannibal Lecter MD View Post
                I've never owned a tree.
                Got something against trees, you anti Christmas tree bastid?

Comment

Originally posted by BillBrosky View Post

Got something against trees, you anti Christmas tree bastid?
                  Tree ownership/decorating has never struck me as something that a single man should take part in.

Comment

Originally posted by Stan View Post

Figured you would pay the people that put it up to come get it. My mom did that years ago. The people kept the tree and put it up and took it down
                    I can get them down. Its getting them up I have a hard time with.

Comment

You guys wouldnt believe how many people bitch at me when I drop boxes off at the cities recycle trailers. You are supposed to compact the boxes before putting them in the trailers. I normally just toss the boxes off next to the trailers and let the city take care of the compacting duties. I bet Ive had 7 or 8 strangers bitch at me about it. I had one city guy act like it was some huge deal. I thought that we may get into a fist fight over a damn box that morning.

Comment

Is this Glasses? Has she breached Rhino's account?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Hannibal Lecter MD View Post

Tree ownership/decorating has never struck me as something that a single man should take part in.
                            Lap dogs and Christmas trees are chick magnets.

Comment

Originally posted by Bamaholic View Post
                              I heard it was bad luck to take it down BEFORE Jan 1. Catholics leave it up till epiphany.
                              If it catches fire they'll have one.

Comment

Working...
                              X