What y'all do with your used tree's?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BillBrosky

Lap dogs and Christmas trees are chick magnets.
    The lap dog isn't happening either. If I get a dog it will be something respectable for a man to have.

Comment

Originally posted by Hannibal Lecter MD View Post

The lap dog isn't happening either. If I get a dog it will be something respectable for a man to have.
      Then you will never have a MIL to cuddle with.

Comment

I asked my regular supplier to bring me a 7-7.5' tree. The tree he brought was a good 10', now about 9.5' after clippage to accommodate the star on top. I'd estimate the tree's diameter at its widest point at 7'. I'll be taking it down by myself and getting it through a ~32" sliding glass door (not the one the supplier and I forced it through on arrival) onto my back deck. This will entail first cutting the tree into sections with my pruning saw, if it can deal with a trunk this thick. If not, then with my chainsaw. In the family room. I will then throw the sections off the deck, pile them at a spot away from the house and woods, and burn them, probably next spring.

On the plus side, in this Christmas tree paradise of Western North Carolina, the price of the dendrological behemoth was $40.

Comment

Originally posted by Sid Youngleman View Post
          I asked my regular supplier to bring me a 7-7.5' tree. The tree he brought was a good 10', now about 9.5' after clippage to accommodate the star on top. I'd estimate the tree's diameter at its widest point at 7'. I'll be taking it down by myself and getting it through a ~32" sliding glass door (not the one the supplier and I forced it through on arrival) onto my back deck. This will entail first cutting the tree into sections with my pruning saw, if it can deal with a trunk this thick. If not, then with my chainsaw. In the family room. I will then throw the sections off the deck, pile them at a spot away from the house and woods, and burn them, probably next spring.

On the plus side, in this Christmas tree paradise of Western North Carolina, the price of the dendrological behemoth was $40.
          Dump it in a local lake when no one is watching. Mark spot on GPS. Come back and enjoy the spoils of your fish habitat.
          barney_stinson_signature_by_schub3rt.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Barney Stinson View Post

Dump it in a local lake when no one is watching. Mark spot on GPS. Come back and enjoy the spoils of your fish habitat.
            What few lakes there are up here are artificial, virtually fishless, and owned/supervised by the Federal Government. I've heard of your idea before though, and it's a good one in the right place.

Comment

Dump it in the lake and mark on gps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Down4ttown View Post
                Dump it in the lake and mark on gps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Wish I would've thought of this!
                barney_stinson_signature_by_schub3rt.jpg

Comment

This is the first year I've had a live tree since I was a child. It will probably get chopped up and burned in the fire pit.
                  "Never trust a big butt and a smile" - Bel Biv Devoe

Comment

Originally posted by AllieZ View Post
                    This is the first year I've had a live tree since I was a child. It will probably get chopped up and burned in the fire pit.
                    Be careful, that thing contains some fuel and will burn pretty high and quick.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0390.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	147.2 KB
ID:	41991

Comment

Originally posted by Stan View Post
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0390.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	147.2 KB
ID:	41991
                        POTD
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Barney Stinson View Post

Wish I would've thought of this!
                          HA!!

Comment

Ours is a new artificial tree. We euthanized our ten year old one last year. Glad I'm up here in SC so I don't have to deal with it.

Comment

Working...
                            X