X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How old is your son, Biff?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

• Dang Biff. Really hate to hear that. Certainly we add your family to the prayer list. We all joke around a ton on here, but life does get quite serious at times and we all need a helping hand. We're all rooting for you and your family to get back on a winning streak.
      barney_stinson_signature_by_schub3rt.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by Biff View Post
        Life has chased me down and is beating my ass.

My oldest broke down and told me he's been thinking about suicide for the last couple of months. We're in a panic trying to get him help.

Marriage is hanging by a thread. Starting counseling soon.

We're broke AF.

I'm finding few things to care about anymore. I'm numb.

Pray for Biff

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
        God Biff. I am so sorry to hear that. All of it. I can only imagine for you what that's like. My oldest is having some emotional issues as well with anger and what not. Not on meds but likely will be soon. I get the marriage thing and I've been there with the money thing also. You ever wanna talk, I got you.

Praying for y'all.

Comment

• Where did you end up watching game, Rhino?

Comment

• Prayers for your family Biff.
            "There were no arguments, those were ass chewings....."
            Nick Saban 9/10/2016

“I don’t know who is driving all this stuff, but to me it’s kind of like mouse manure when you’re up to your ears in elephant doo-doo,"
            Nick Saban 05/29/2018

“You’re ruining the game with RPOs and illegal guys downfield. And you think it should be legal. You think it’s normal. Kiss my ass.”
            Nick Saban 06/13/2018

Comment

Life has chased me down and is beating my ass.

My oldest broke down and told me he's been thinking about suicide for the last couple of months. We're in a panic trying to get him help.

Marriage is hanging by a thread. Starting counseling soon.

We're broke AF.

I'm finding few things to care about anymore. I'm numb.

Pray for Biff

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
              People care about you, brother. I care about you. If you need to start a go-fund-me or something, do it. We can help you. Kids go through stuff hard these days. My 18 year old recently told me that they had contemplated suicide at 13 or 14. And I thought we had the storybook home. Seriously. Marriage troubles often center on three things - money - sex - family tension. If you need a blowie to feel better, I volunteer Hanni

Comment

He's 14. He's dealt with anxiety and depression for a few years. Been on meds.
                Nobody should be required to carry the baggage that comes with being a 14-year-old male. The task is to persuade them (1) that time almost inevitably brings better situations than being 14 and (2) that while death may appear at the moment to offer release or relief, we have forever to be dead and there's no profit in rushing it. Meanwhile, it's a lot more interesting to play out the hand and see where it takes us during the incalculably shorter time we have to be alive anyway.

And, with very slight modifications related to age, the above applies to adults as well. To quote an aged sage, "time almost inevitably brings better situations" than the one you're in now. Believe it.

Comment

• I'll keep you and your family in my prayers, Biff. Clearly, your focus is on your marriage, your son and your entire family. Strip everything else away and that's all that matters. Take care.

Comment

• "time almost inevitably brings better situations" than the one you're in now. Believe it.

[/QUOTE]
                    This....
                    I've forgotten 3/4 of the "sky is falling" episodes I had in my younger days.
                    My favorite mantra these days?
                    "This too, shall pass"

Sent from my SM-G550T1 using Tapatalk

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal Lecter MD View Post
                      Where did you end up watching game, Rhino?
                      Baumhowers wings. Im not crazy about their food but the restaurant is easy and close to home. My head is feeling the fireball shots today.

Comment

• Originally posted by RhinoGuy View Post

Baumhowers wings. Im not crazy about their food but the restaurant is easy and close to home. My head is feeling the fireball shots today.
                        I had a bad experience with fireball shots. Those atomic fireball candies make me queasy now.

Comment

I used to enjoy Baumhowers' food, but I haven't been to one in years.

I prefer Tennessee Fire to Fireball. Fireball is a little more syrupy.

Comment

• We used to eat that royal rooster sandwich at baumhowers (wings back then?). Was my favorite, do they still have that?

Comment

Just you or did the wife get to come? I made a mistake showing my wife the picture of your daughter in the football gear. Baby fever was cranked to 11 for a little while. My kids thankfully fixed that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stan View Post

Just you or did the wife get to come? I made a mistake showing my wife the picture of your daughter in the football gear. Baby fever was cranked to 11 for a little while. My kids thankfully fixed that.
                                How old is your wife, Stan? Can you hold out til she hits menopause?

Comment

Working...
                                X