started a topic Probable Thoughts

Probable Thoughts

I'm tired of waiting on the old one to load

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Hannibal Lecter MD
    replied
    Originally posted by quack quack bang View Post

- Mini SLO
    I wish. I cannot break the laws of physics with a 98% yield.

Leave a comment:

• quack quack bang
    replied
    Originally posted by Hannibal Lecter MD View Post
    As BBQ places gain fame and their quantity of production increases, the quality invariably declines. Since BBQ isn't cooked to order, being able to hold the food for hours and warm it if necessary to plate when ordered is largely the process that makes or breaks the product.

Usually the good places start with one pitmaster who has the passion that makes the place a success, and the rather from the source the business gets, the less consistent it becomes.
    - Mini SLO

Leave a comment:

• Hannibal Lecter MD
    replied
    As BBQ places gain fame and their quantity of production increases, the quality invariably declines. Since BBQ isn't cooked to order, being able to hold the food for hours and warm it if necessary to plate when ordered is largely the process that makes or breaks the product.

Usually the good places start with one pitmaster who has the passion that makes the place a success, and the father from the source the business gets, the less consistent it becomes.
    Last edited by Hannibal Lecter MD; Today, 11:06 AM.

Leave a comment:

• It Takes Eleven
    replied

Had them most recently b/w Christmas & New Years 2016 while on a duck hunting trip to NW Tennessee. I know some people really like them, and to each his own. But in my experience, the size, quality and flavor of their ribs can't hold a candle to what we have here.
    Speaking of pork, has anyone had the pork belly, egg and cheese sandwich at Avondale Common House on Third Avenue South in Bham? Huge slab of greasy pork, just outstanding.

Leave a comment:

• It Takes Eleven
    replied
    Originally posted by RhinoGuy View Post
    Do you fellas hate Memphis? I hate Memphis

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    I don't care a bit for it. People from Tennessee don't like Memphis. When I lived in Knoxville, folks in that part of the state never said they were from Tennessee, it was always "east Tennessee" or even "upper east Tennessee" for the tri-cities lot.

Leave a comment:

• quack quack bang
    replied
    Originally posted by 2Stater View Post

The next time you are exiled to that shit hole, go to the "Rendezvous" and try their dry rub ribs. Been years since I've been there, but they used to be outstanding.
    Had them most recently b/w Christmas & New Years 2016 while on a duck hunting trip to NW Tennessee. I know some people really like them, and to each his own. But in my experience, the size, quality and flavor of their ribs can't hold a candle to what we have here.

Leave a comment:

• 2Stater
    replied

Unimpressed with their BBQ, too.
    The next time you are exiled to that shit hole, go to the "Rendezvous" and try their dry rub ribs. Been years since I've been there, but they used to be outstanding.

Leave a comment:

• Hannibal Lecter MD
    replied
    Originally posted by Biff View Post
    Son is doing OK, marriage counseling starts friday, girlfriend is doing fine, MIL still causes my BP to skyrocket

Glad your son is doing ok, and hope the counseling produces positive results! If not, at least you'll be rid of the MIL. (I kid)

Leave a comment:

• quack quack bang
    replied
    Originally posted by 2Stater View Post

I do too. I was once robbed in Memphis, in broad daylight. What a shit hole (except for the BBQ).
    Unimpressed with their BBQ, too.

Leave a comment:

• 2Stater
    replied

Yes. Yes, I do.
    I do too. I was once robbed in Memphis, in broad daylight. What a shit hole (except for the BBQ).

Leave a comment:

• quack quack bang
    replied
    Originally posted by RhinoGuy View Post

Yes. Yes, I do.

Leave a comment:

• Barney Stinson
    replied
    Originally posted by Biff View Post
    Son is doing OK, marriage counseling starts friday, girlfriend is doing fine, MIL still causes my BP to skyrocket

Glad to hear #1 there and best of luck with #2. Don't see the MIL before the girlfriend or you'll have performance anxiety.

Leave a comment:

• Biff
    replied
    Originally posted by quack quack bang
    Hope Biff 's situation is improving (son more than MIL).

Leave a comment:

• RhinoGuy
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X