Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What all have you done in your life? (aka List Your Jobs)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Y'all are taxing my memory.

14-15 Usher/scoreboard keeper for the Montgomery Rebels minor league baseball team
    16-18 McDonalds (over 120 served)
    20-25 Clerk for a plumbing supply company
    26-28 Quality supervisor for a trash bag mfg co.
    28-31 Private investigator
    31-32 Conv. store mgr Ft Pierce, Fl.
    32-34 Loss prevention mgr for same conv. store company-So Fl.
    34-42 Quality control department head for earlier mentioned trash bag mfg co.
    42-44 Deputy sheriff in Ripley, Tn
    44-49 Printing business Covington, Tn and Pensacola, Fl
    49-present - Insurance

I know a little bit about everything and a lot about nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by 2Stater View Post
      Y'all are taxing my memory.

14-15 Usher/scoreboard keeper for the Montgomery Rebels minor league baseball team
      16-18 McDonalds (over 120 served)
      20-25 Clerk for a plumbing supply company
      26-28 Quality supervisor for a trash bag mfg co.
      28-31 Private investigator
      31-32 Conv. store mgr Ft Pierce, Fl.
      32-34 Loss prevention mgr for same conv. store company-So Fl.
      34-42 Quality control department head for earlier mentioned trash bag mfg co.
      42-44 Deputy sheriff in Ripley, Tn
      44-49 Printing business Covington, Tn and Pensacola, Fl
      49-present - Insurance

I know a little bit about everything and a lot about nothing.
      I actually had you in mind when I started this. This is an amazing list of WTF? Were the jobs driving all the relocation or vice-versa?

Comment

Most were, yes. Moving to South Florida was out of necessity. Couldn't find decent work in Montgomery and had a new baby to feed. My oldest brother convinced me to come to the Vero-Ft Pierce area where I went to work for Cumberland Farms convenience stores.

Comment

Originally posted by Sid Youngleman View Post

Conceivably. Get it? Get it?
          In honor of SLO, el oh el.
          barney_stinson_signature_by_schub3rt.jpg

Comment

13- day before turning 16 Landscaping(push mower)
            16-18 Food industry(stocker at Food World)
            18-25 Data processing for a large banking outfit servicing smaller banks whilst getting edumacated.
            25-27 Programmer at a wire manufactoring firm.
            27-34 Programmer in the healthcare industry.
            34-40 Software consultant traveling the states spreading Y2K cheer and beyond.
            40-present Jack of all IT trades in healthcare.

Comment

I havent had too many jobs.
              16-17 I loaded trailers from 5:30-1:30 at night. It was hard work but was my first decent paying job. I think I brought in $7.00/hr I felt like a millionaire on Friday after cashing those checks in.

I worked 2 months at the dog pound cleaning up dog shit when I was 17. It was a terrible job. I was literally cleaning out metal dog cages full of shit. We had to drag dead dogs to the freezer, unloaded dead dogs from the freezer and loaded them into a dump truck to be carried off and buried. It was terrible. Luckily I didnt have to deal with the cats much. I worked there because some asshole judge gave me 80 hrs of community service for speeding. I could only get 2hrs a day of work time in because I was still in school and the place closed at 5:30. The manager tried to hire me, but that wasnt going to happen.

17-18 I helped keep a self wash pressure wash carwash place clean. It was easy and didnt take much time. Mostly taking out the garbage, cleaning out the, vacuums, and making sure the soap didnt run out. The worst part about carwashes is cleaning out the pit that all of the oil,road film, bugs, dirt, etc. goes into. All of that shit drains into a 3 foot x 3 foot pit. When the pit gets full, someone has to climb down into it with a shovel and 5 gallon buckets and start digging. Stinks horribly.

17-18 I also ran a 10 min oil change on Saturdays and a couple days during the week. There is no telling how many oil changes I did during that time. On busy days we would have cars lined up all day to get their oil changed. I actually enjoyed that job though. Especially when I wasnt in the pit working. You get to meet a lot of people and everyone was in a good mood for some reason.

18-22 I worked mostly out of town doing steel erection. I really enjoyed the work and being able to travel/party without being tied down. I had no bills, girlfriend, house, or even a dog that I had to be responsible for. I would take just enough cash out of my paycheck to buy lunch, dinner, and laundromat for the week. Every other dime went towards having fun and trying to pick up chicks. That all ended when I fell off of a 26' roof.

22-now. Working in steel fabrication. Doing pretty much everything from sweeping the floors to pretty much running everything.

Comment

RhinoGuy you left off Coyote work.

Comment

Originally posted by RhinoGuy View Post
                  That all ended when I fell off of a 26' roof.

Comment

Rhino, unlike you, you just can't leave us hanging on the 26' roof. What happened?

Comment

Rhino, unlike you, you just can't leave us hanging on the 26' roof. What happened?
                      Rectally impaled, can no longer FWF(fart without fear).

Comment

Rhino: "What roof? By the way, who are you people?"

Comment

Its not a great story. I was putting metal on a sloping roof and I had climbed to the peak of it to cut something lose. There must have been a spot of oil or grease smeared on that sheet because my foot slipped out from under me and I started sliding down. Messed up my ankle, and broke my heel. It could have been a lot worse.

Comment

Its not a great story. I was putting metal on a sloping roof and I had climbed to the peak of it to cut something lose. There must have been a spot of oil or grease smeared on that sheet because my foot slipped out from under me and I started sliding down. Messed up my ankle, and broke my heel. It could have been a lot worse.
                            Damn, I was hoping it would be Griswold-esque.

Comment

You're lucky to be alive. I've seen fatalities and other life altering accidents from much lower heights.
                              "There were no arguments, those were ass chewings....."
                              Nick Saban 9/10/2016

Comment

Working...
                              X