Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the worse health scare you've had?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bamaholic View Post

Is it possible to run with an erection?

Sent from my SM-G550T1 using Tapatalk
    Not if it lasts longer than 4 hours.
    barney_stinson_signature_by_schub3rt.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Stan
      Emergency appendectomy. Also came close to losing the sight in my left eye because of an ulcer. Ulcer was caused by leaving contacts in 24/7. Dr told me that I was lucky and that was a wake up call. I got lasik as soon as I could.
      I've had extended wear contacts for 35 years. Had a corneal ulcer at 21. Thankfully, the technology has kept pace with my laziness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Gored in the upper thigh and tossed by a cow at age 6 on my grandfather's farm. (That is, I was 6; I don't know how old the cow was.) If what the doctor said was accurate, the leather cowboy chaps I was wearing may have made it possible for my children to be here. The scar's still quite visible.

Comment

I wear my contacts almost all the time as well. My vision is so poor, I really can't function with glasses. My field of usable vision is awful in glasses. Depth perception is terrible and I get distortion anywhere outside dead center field of vision.

I've been told that retina tears are likely in my future before age 50.

Comment

I've been fortunate never to have any major medical issues. While it isn't major, I managed to rip the toenail of my big toe by hitting it with the front door. I don't care how insignificant it was that damn thing will make you drop eff bombs repeatedly at loud volumes in front of your mother and not give two shits about it.
            barney_stinson_signature_by_schub3rt.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Barney Stinson View Post
              I've been fortunate never to have any major medical issues. While it isn't major, I managed to rip the toenail of my big toe by hitting it with the front door. I don't care how insignificant it was that damn thing will make you drop eff bombs repeatedly at loud volumes in front of your mother and not give two shits about it.
              Click image for larger version

Name:	29-facts-you-might-not-know-about-a-christmas-sto-2-7635-1417640423-1_dblbig.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	140.4 KB
ID:	45865

Comment

There is a bunch I would rather have happen to me than ripping off toenails. That gives me chills

Comment

We all know mine. No secret there

Comment

Originally posted by Down4ttown View Post
                    We all know mine. No secret there

You shortened your quality of life by having another kid? (I really do remember your scare)

Comment

Not sure if you're counting trauma or just illnesses...I got caught in a flashover while fighting a structure fire. Th whole fucking room turned orange. Felt like i had a mask full of yellow jackets.I wound up with 2cnd and 3rd degree burns to my arm, 1st degree to my face and scalp. I lost the hair on the right side of my head, 1/2 my mustache, and one eyebrow. I'll post the whole story some day.

Comment

Dang, you must have an angel Reuben.

Comment

Originally posted by Bamaholic View Post
                          Dang, you must have an angel Reuben.

Yes, not the only close call I've had...but probably the closest that also resulted in injury. And Im sure we've all seen the meme / bumper sticker / tee-shirt... "I'm Pretty Sure My Guardian Angel Drinks."

Comment

Working...
                          X