Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Knowledge is Power

Drop some obscure knowledge on us in this thread
    The "Tusk" is slang for penis, so the song is basically about sex. When Stevie Nicks heard the album was going to be called Tusk, she objected, but Mick Fleetwood really wanted to use the title, so he ignored her and she dropped the subject.

Stevie Nicks recalled to Mojo in 2015: "I didn't understand the title, there was nothing beautiful or elegant about the word 'tusk.' It really bought to mind those people stealing ivory. Even then, in 1979 you just thought, the rhinos are being poached and that tusks are being stolen and the elephants are being slaughtered and ivory is being sold on the black market. I don't recall it being (Mick's slang term for the male member), that went right over my prudish little head. I wasn't told that until quite a while after the record was done, and when I did find out I liked the title even less!"

Fittingly, this is a very popular song among marching bands, especially at USC where the song has been performed regularly since its inception. At home games, fans often chant "UCLA Sucks!" during the song, even if they are not playing UCLA.

Two other schools also claimed it: the University of Alabama and the University of Arkansas. The Arkansas mascot is a razorback (boar) known as "Tusk"; the University of Alabama's mascot is an elephant known as "Big Al," which is actually tuskless in anthropomorphic form, but the University of Alabama is in Tuscaloosa.

Tusk by Fleetwood Mac song meaning, lyric interpretation, video and chart position
    "There were no arguments, those were ass chewings....."
    Nick Saban 9/10/2016

“I don’t know who is driving all this stuff, but to me it’s kind of like mouse manure when you’re up to your ears in elephant doo-doo,"
    Nick Saban 05/29/2018

“You’re ruining the game with RPOs and illegal guys downfield. And you think it should be legal. You think it’s normal. Kiss my ass.”
    Nick Saban 06/13/2018

Obscure knowledge can also be profitable. Classic bar bet: Which is farther west, Los Angeles CA or Reno NV? (Reno is.)

Comment

Or Atlanta is west of Detroit.
      barney_stinson_signature_by_schub3rt.jpg

Comment

The Abe Vigoda dead or alive bet was usually a sure thing for me. At least until 2016.

Comment

A woolly inspired fact: Faggot cell is a term used for cells normally found in the hypergranular form of acute promyelocytic leukemia

Comment

There is enough sperm in one single man to impregnate every woman on earth.

Comment

Here's one for you Double Q B; A duck’s quack doesn’t echo, and nobody can figure out why.

Comment

During the American Revolution, more Rebels died in British captivity than died in combat.

Comment

The 1918 flu pandemic killed more people than WWI & WWII, combined.

Comment

In the 1970s, Mattel sold a doll called "Growing Up Skipper." Her breasts grew when her arm was turned.

Comment

The sum of all the numbers on a roulette wheel is 666.

Comment

No matter where you go.
                      There you are.

Sent from my SM-G550T1 using Tapatalk

sigpic

Comment

In Japan, letting a sumo wrestler make your baby cry is considered good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by 2Stater View Post
                          In Japan, letting a sumo wrestler make your baby cry is considered good luck.
                          Well how hard is that? My baby cries for no apparent reason all the time. A sumo wrestler would probably terrify the heck out of her.
                          barney_stinson_signature_by_schub3rt.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Barney Stinson View Post

Well how hard is that? My baby cries for no apparent reason all the time. A sumo wrestler would probably terrify the heck out of her.
                            Then you would be lucky and stuff.

Comment

Working...
                            X