Security/Surveillance Cameras and other Protections

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Security/Surveillance Cameras and other Protections

Does anyone have a recommendation for or warnings against products/companies that make small office wireless security systems. I'm envisioning a couple of cameras (front/back entrances to office), image storage can be on the office server (plenty of space,if you can record over images daily/weekly), or cloud-hosted? Also considering an electronically controlled office door, one where you can buzz a visitor/client into the office.
    "There were no arguments, those were ass chewings....."
    Nick Saban 9/10/2016

“I don’t know who is driving all this stuff, but to me it’s kind of like mouse manure when you’re up to your ears in elephant doo-doo,"
    Nick Saban 05/29/2018

“You’re ruining the game with RPOs and illegal guys downfield. And you think it should be legal. You think it’s normal. Kiss my ass.”
    Nick Saban 06/13/2018

I use nest cameras at my house. They work pretty good if you don't want to pull a bunch of wires. We have a Swann 8 channel at my office. It was a little harder to install because it's a wired system, but I like it better since there is no subscription for the cloud service. You can download the Swann app and watch remotely. I think my Swann system dvd stores around a week of footage if we set it to save when it senses movement

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by RhinoGuy View Post
      I use nest cameras at my house. They work pretty good if you don't want to pull a bunch of wires. We have a Swann 8 channel at my office. It was a little harder to install because it's a wired system, but I like it better since there is no subscription for the cloud service. You can download the Swann app and watch remotely. I think my Swann system dvd stores around a week of footage if we set it to save when it senses movement

We're in an office building with other offices on our floor, so 2 cameras (both doors) should be plenty. Can you scale your Swann system up/down, or does it come with a pre-determined number of cameras?
      Nick Saban 9/10/2016

“I don’t know who is driving all this stuff, but to me it’s kind of like mouse manure when you’re up to your ears in elephant doo-doo,"
      Nick Saban 05/29/2018

“You’re ruining the game with RPOs and illegal guys downfield. And you think it should be legal. You think it’s normal. Kiss my ass.”
      Nick Saban 06/13/2018

Comment

Originally posted by quack quack bang

We're in an office building with other offices on our floor, so 2 cameras (both doors) should be plenty. Can you scale your Swann system up/down, or does it come with a pre-determined number of cameras?
        You buy the DVD part based on how many cameras you want. 4 channel will control up to 4 cameras, 8 channel will control up to 8 cameras, etc. The basic setup is really easy. I don't know anything about the advanced features like email alerts.

Comment

We got ours at Sam's.

Comment

Was listening to the Clark Howard show the other day and he was pushing these, wonder if they're any good, only $20.

https://clarkdeals.com/electronics/wyze-camera/
            Last edited by BillBrosky; 02-27-2018, 01:35 PM.

Comment

What are you hiding rhino?

Comment

I'm betting drug kingpin of Tuscaloosa

Comment

Originally posted by Stan View Post
                  What are you hiding rhino?
                  I have them scattered around my shop so I can keep an eye on the amigos when Im gone.

Comment

I have them scattered around my shop so I can keep an eye on the amigos when Im gone.
                    Did you ever figure out who took your stuff a few months ago?

Comment

Originally posted by Hannibal Lecter MD View Post

They found the truck that was used but not the people. The truck was stolen from somewhere in Mississippi. The same group has stolen a lot of ATV's and trailers.

Comment

They found the truck that was used but not the people. The truck was stolen from somewhere in Mississippi. The same group has stolen a lot of ATV's and trailers.
                        That sucks, buddy. Did the insurance come through?

Comment

Originally posted by Hannibal Lecter MD View Post

A bunch of wealth redistributing liberals would be my guess.

Comment

Originally posted by BillBrosky View Post

A bunch of wealth redistributing liberals would be my guess.
                            Nick Saban 9/10/2016

Nick Saban 05/29/2018

Nick Saban 06/13/2018

Comment

We have Arlo Plus at home. They are wireless and upload to the cloud. I get alerts on my phone w movement and can check out the video or watch it live. Batteries last a long time and are rechargeable.
                              We got them at Best Buy. Sam's has Arlo but the reviews were better for Arlo plus so we went w those.
                              "Never trust a big butt and a smile" - Bel Biv Devoe

Comment

Working...
                              X