X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Biff View Post
    Not good. Not at all. Not sure what we're gonna do next. I feel helpless

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Have y'all thought about looking around for support groups so you could talk to parents who have been or are going through the same sort of experience? Sorry if you're tired of people throwing out ideas/suggestions...I know y'all are doing everything you can think of.

Comment

Not good. Not at all. Not sure what we're gonna do next. I feel helpless

Is he out of school for now? At your home?

Comment

• Sorry Biff, was hoping for a brighter answer. God be with y'all! Early teens are tough years.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Balls View Post

Is he out of school for now? At your home?
          Don't open any strange packages.

Comment

• Haven't thought of support groups. Would have to work it around marriage counseling.

He's in school like normal.

Comment

• Just curious, and you don't have to answer. Any bullying at school?

Comment

Haven't thought of support groups. Would have to work it around marriage counseling.

Any idea what the root of the problem is, Biff?

Comment

Haven't thought of support groups. Would have to work it around marriage counseling.

Is he seeing a counselor regularly?

Comment

• I wish I knew to tell you Biff. I know that as a father you must feel like just grabbing him up and not wanting to let go and telling him everything will be ok. As the protector, I know that's how I'd feel. I had a buddy who suffers from depression and he always said he hated people telling him what he had to live for and that every thing would be fine if he would just let people take care of him. After a lot of talks it boiled down to him just needing someone to listen without judgement. I know that doesn't really answer a damned thing for you and everybody's different but I thought I'd just throw it out there.

Comment

• No bullying. He's fine during the day. Late in the evening he hits a real low and says he's having voices that keep telling him to kill himself. Says they're getting stronger and stronger.
                      He's seeing a psychologist regularly. Begging us not to send him back to the mental facility.

It's taking a toll on me.

Comment

• I hate to hear that. Did he tell you what's so bad about his life? Or has he told the counselor?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

• I’m no psychiatrist, but that sounds like schizophrenia. There are meds that can help him if that’s the case.

Comment

• Originally posted by 2Stater View Post
                            I’m no psychiatrist, but that sounds like schizophrenia. There are meds that can help him if that’s the case.
                            Not an MD either, but I agree. Meds and teens can be tricky. If he goes on the meds keep an even closer eye on him, because it can worsen some symptoms. I don't have to tell you how important it is to keep him close when he's not in school. I'm keeping all of you in my prayers.

Comment

• I don't think that's it. I've researched schizophrenia and he only exhibits the one thing. "voices"
                              He never used the term voices until I used the word in asking him what happens in his head. So I'm not convinced he actually hears voices.

His Dr let him use a cranial electrotherapy stimulation device that has helped tremendously. Guess I'll have to buy one. Ain't cheap.

Comment

I don't think that's it. I've researched schizophrenia and he only exhibits the one thing. "voices"
                                He never used the term voices until I used the word in asking him what happens in his head. So I'm not convinced he actually hears voices.

His Dr let him use a cranial electrotherapy stimulation device that has helped tremendously. Guess I'll have to buy one. Ain't cheap.

In all seriousness, start a GoFundMe or something similar. You don't have to necessarily advertise it, but you could get a few folks to help out with it.
                                barney_stinson_signature_by_schub3rt.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X