*** Official Watch the Weather A$$holes ***

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sid Youngleman View Post
    The grocery shelves in North Carolina this afternoon make you nostalgic for the Soviet Union.
    Same here, Sid. I went to Walmarks the other day, just to buy regular groceries. I had been in another one earlier in the day to get something for the office, and it was like a zoo. Lines all around the store and wall to wall people. As many of you know, hurricanes and snow storms bring this out in people.

So when I went to the Walmart near us to buy groceries for the week, I expected the same thing. Got there and the parking lot was mostly empty. Went into the store and there was hardly anybody there. I thought, Great! I'll grab the groceries and be out of here in no time.

Then, I realized why nobody was there. The shelves were almost completely empty.

Comment

Just heard we are forecast for 10+ inches of rain here. 35-40 MPH sustained winds with 55-60 MPH gusts. Lord, please let the power stay on until AFTER the Bama-Ole Miss game.

Comment

Originally posted by 2Stater View Post
        Just heard we are forecast for 10+ inches of rain here. 35-40 MPH sustained winds with 55-60 MPH gusts. Lord, please let the power stay on until AFTER the Bama-Ole Miss game.
        ****Word of warning****

The Watch ESPN app using cell coverage is spotty at best. However, there is an open spot during the game at my house if you evacuate to B'ham.
        "There were no arguments, those were ass chewings....."
        Nick Saban 9/10/2016

“I don’t know who is driving all this stuff, but to me it’s kind of like mouse manure when you’re up to your ears in elephant doo-doo,"
        Nick Saban 05/29/2018

“You’re ruining the game with RPOs and illegal guys downfield. And you think it should be legal. You think it’s normal. Kiss my ass.”
        Nick Saban 06/13/2018

Comment

I'm feeling the same anxieties on both counts, though the really bad stuff isn't scheduled to get up here until Sunday. I'd hate to die without seeing the game, assuming that we win. Otherwise, go ahead and take me now.

Comment

Originally posted by quack quack bang View Post

****Word of warning****

The Watch ESPN app using cell coverage is spotty at best. However, there is an open spot during the game at my house if you evacuate to B'ham.
            Thanks Quack. I'll keep that in mind if we bug out, but I happen to know that the Twin Peaks in Greenville has a generator. I may just camp out there.

Comment

Comment

Thanks Quack. I'll keep that in mind if we bug out, but I happen to know that the Twin Peaks in Greenville has a generator. I may just camp out there.
                There is always the Waffle House. Waitresses are easier on your heart there.

Comment

The Waffle House Storm Center is actively monitoring Hurricane Florence, an indicator that parts of the East Coast are in serious danger.
                  Nick Saban 9/10/2016

“I don’t know who is driving all this stuff, but to me it’s kind of like mouse manure when you’re up to your ears in elephant doo-doo,"
                  Nick Saban 05/29/2018

“You’re ruining the game with RPOs and illegal guys downfield. And you think it should be legal. You think it’s normal. Kiss my ass.”
                  Nick Saban 06/13/2018

Comment

Nick Saban 9/10/2016

Nick Saban 05/29/2018

Nick Saban 06/13/2018

Comment

Originally posted by quack quack bang View Post
                      Apocalypse much?

Comment

This is how I've seen the Hurricane Florence drama play out on facebook.

Florence: I'm coming for you.
                        VA & SC: Please don't
                        NC: Bring it

Florence: The fuck did you say to me?
                        VA & SC: NC, dude shut the fuck up!
                        NC: Fuck that and fuck her windy ass. Punk ass bitch is only a CAT 3.

Florence: *powers up to CAT 4* still wanna talk shit!?
                        VA & SC: ... nope, we're good
                        NC: Not only am I going to CONTINUE to talk shit, we got Jim Cantore on his way and we are meme'ing the fuck out of you.

Florence: you have got to be kidding. Ok fine, I got something for you. *begins powering up to CAT 5*
                        VA & SC: ......
                        NC: that's cool, we already have facebook events planned such as welcoming parties, blowing all the fans at you, firing guns at you... we've cleared out ABC stores and are ready to get LIT. Bring it on turbo.

Florence: you... you guys are serious? You really aren't scared of me? But... but I.... I put so much effort into this.
                        VA & SC: *waiting anxiously*
                        NC: *chugs beer* get fucked

Florence: fine, I'll leave *shifts south*
                        VA: *sigh of relief*
                        SC: God damn it NC you are the worst big brother ever!
                        NC: time to man up bitch, that damn hurricane is mad.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=deG4NxkouGM

Live view of the incoming weather

Comment

https://www.ndbc.noaa.gov/station_pa...?station=41159

The National Data Buoy Center's home page. The premier source of meteorological and oceanographic measurements for the marine environment.
                            Nick Saban 9/10/2016

Nick Saban 05/29/2018

Nick Saban 06/13/2018

Comment

Wave heights to 27+ ft on one bouy, wind speeds 40 kts sustained, gusts to 60 kts on the other bouy
                              National Data Buoy Center - Recent observations from buoy 41037 (33.988N 77.362W) - Wrightsville Beach Offshore, NC (ILM3).
                              Nick Saban 9/10/2016

Nick Saban 05/29/2018

Nick Saban 06/13/2018

Comment

Originally posted by RhinoGuy View Post
                                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=deG4NxkouGM

Live view of the incoming weather
                                Where is that?

Comment

Working...
                                X