No announcement yet.

Unprovoked Thoughts Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just got back from our 7-8 game. We won, but us coaches were real close to a brawl over a bat. They were using an illegal bat and they told our head coach to learn to lose better.

Comment

• Just finished the first Jack Reacher book. Will spend some more time with this series.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal Lecter MD View Post
        Just finished the first Jack Reacher book. Will spend some more time with this series.
        Weird. I'm watching the movie right now. How many books in the series?

Comment

• I should finish what I'm reading by next week, and I need to start something else

Comment

• Originally posted by Stan View Post

Weird. I'm watching the movie right now. How many books in the series?
            A bunch, I think. I think he started back in the 90s maybe. The first movie was pretty good. The second was just ok. Cruise does a good job, but it's kind of funny since Reacher is 6'5" in the books.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stan
              Just got back from our 7-8 game. We won, but us coaches were real close to a brawl over a bat. They were using an illegal bat and they told our head coach to learn to lose better.
              Yeah. You could act like a bitch. Or just give the kids a little bit of steroids.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by RhinoGuy View Post
                Yeah. You could act like a bitch. Or just give the kids a little bit of steroids.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
                7/8 is such a weird age. Some kids are just a little bigger than my 4 year old, and then there is an 8 year old on the same team that's 5'2" 150.

Comment

7/8 is such a weird age. Some kids are just a little bigger than my 4 year old, and then there is an 8 year old on the same team that's 5'2" 150.
                  I helped my brother with one of my nephew's teams several years ago...it's an experience. We had a couple boys that looked like little tomato transplants wilting in the summer sun. I don't think it was their idea to be out there. It was machine pitch (45mph), and I think it was a least halfway through the season before one of them got their bat into the zone in time to possibly make contact. Then there were a couple kids who one-hopped the fence a few times.

Comment

• Y'all are always quiet on Friday, y'all take off work or something?

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal Lecter MD

A bunch, I think. I think he started back in the 90s maybe. The first movie was pretty good. The second was just ok. Cruise does a good job, but it's kind of funny since Reacher is 6'5" in the books.
                      Cruise is dyslexic, so 5-6 for him is about right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Y'all are always quiet on Friday, y'all take off work or something?
                        I don't post much on Friday because y'all don't.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Balls

I don't post much on Friday because y'all don't.
                          I assumed Friday would be the busy day at the bank.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal Lecter MD View Post

I assumed Friday would be the busy day at the bank.
                            For the tellers mostly it is. Mondays and Saturdays are busy here.

Comment

• Lady sitting at one of the bankers desk is asking why she can not have the CD interest compound monthly and deposited into her account every month. Asking the question is okay. I get it, not everybody gets banking and interest and whatnot. But having it explained to you, then arguing about it, makes me want to bang my head into this wall.

I really have been doing this too long.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Balls View Post

For the tellers mostly it is. Mondays and Saturdays are busy here.
                                Do banks still do the 2:00 thing?

Comment

Working...
                                X