• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who is taking care of the baby, barn?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

• Downstairs air is out at my house.

Have any of you guys that changed from a old unit to a new one noticed savings on your power bill? I'm trying to talk myself into a new system vs changing just the inside coil. What I have now is 22 years old.

Comment

• Originally posted by RhinoGuy View Post
        Downstairs air is out at my house.

Have any of you guys that changed from a old unit to a new one noticed savings on your power bill? I'm trying to talk myself into a new system vs changing just the inside coil. What I have now is 22 years old.

Check into the tax savings - I know the gubment was giving a tax break to people who upgraded. That program may have ended. I would think the efficiency standards are drastically improved over 22 years ago, so there would be savings. It would probably take 7 years to recover the money lost on the new unit purchase

Comment

Who is taking care of the baby, barn?

Rotating through a group of coworkers and church members at this point because we can't get a straight answer on how long we will be here. My brother can drive over whenever if we find out that it's going to be a 3 or 4 day thing.
          barney_stinson_signature_by_schub3rt.jpg

Comment

Downstairs air is out at my house.

Having yesterday repaired my AC for the 2nd time in a week, I believe there is never any cost savings with either new or old systems. But, there is a cost savings when they don't have to repair it all the time.
            "There were no arguments, those were ass chewings....."
            Nick Saban 9/10/2016

Comment

• I have to say, I'm loving my new power bill compared to the other house. I have a lot of shade and my bill was only $160 and that's set at 73. The other house was like the Sahara desert outside

Comment

• Originally posted by Stan View Post
                I have to say, I'm loving my new power bill compared to the other house. I have a lot of shade and my bill was only $160 and that's set at 73. The other house was like the Sahara desert outside
                $160 power bill would be great. I cant even get that low in the winter and my heat is gas powered. A lot of my usage is the a/c during the summer. We keep the thermostat on 70-71 all day and night.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pinche Cabron View Post

Check into the tax savings - I know the gubment was giving a tax break to people who upgraded. That program may have ended. I would think the efficiency standards are drastically improved over 22 years ago, so there would be savings. It would probably take 7 years to recover the money lost on the new unit purchase
                  Whats the warranty on a new one? 10 years? Thats probably how long it will take to get my money back on cost savings. Just in time to buy another one.

Comment

Whats the warranty on a new one? 10 years? Thats probably how long it will take to get my money back on cost savings. Just in time to buy another one.
                    I wouldn't run the same unit for both floors, but that's just me. My current house is like that and I can't ever get it right. I would have two units. Ever think about the Mitsubishi ductless system?

Comment

• I have really good insulation. My worst bill in the winter was 220. Spring and fall about 105. Summer about 180

Comment

• My power bill in P'cola averages about $225 per month. My average power bill here in Greenville is about $75. Politicians running for office here, say that the power rates in SC are the worst in the country, and if elected, blah, blah, blah. They are full of shit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pinche Cabron

I wouldn't run the same unit for both floors, but that's just me. My current house is like that and I can't ever get it right. I would have two units. Ever think about the Mitsubishi ductless system?
                          I have 2 units now. They are small though so both have to be working to get the house cool.

Comment

• I'm jelly of y'alls power bills

Comment

• 2 story house, 2 units running all the time, set at 71.

Last power bill was $145ish

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm jelly of y'alls power bills

I bet your house is a LOT bigger than mine

Comment

Working...
                                X