Unprovoked Thoughts Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RhinoGuy View Post
    Seems like a lot of jail time for the crime.

[url]http://www.tuscaloosanews.com/news/20180515/woman-in-bonnie-and-clyde-crime-spree-sentenced[/url
    I don't understand why she wasn't charged with several counts of kidnapping and given life.

Comment

• https://youtu.be/g-RkV59W_wQ

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

• That water line I "fixed" a couple months ago started a small leak. Dug it back up, I see no reason why it would be leaking. Take it apart and buy two new barbed fittings and another section of pipe. GD thing is still leaking. Do I need to go brass fittings instead of plastic? FFS I crawled around in the mud and rain until dark and it still isn't fixed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stan
          That water line I "fixed" a couple months ago started a small leak. Dug it back up, I see no reason why it would be leaking. Take it apart and buy two new barbed fittings and another section of pipe. GD thing is still leaking. Do I need to go brass fittings instead of plastic? FFS I crawled around in the mud and rain until dark and it still isn't fixed.
          Or call somebody that knows what they're doing.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Stan View Post
            That water line I "fixed" a couple months ago started a small leak. Dug it back up, I see no reason why it would be leaking. Take it apart and buy two new barbed fittings and another section of pipe. GD thing is still leaking. Do I need to go brass fittings instead of plastic? FFS I crawled around in the mud and rain until dark and it still isn't fixed.
            Is it a pex line?

Comment

• Originally posted by Biff View Post
              Or call somebody that knows what they're doing.

It's $20 for me to fix, probably 200-300 for a plumber to fix.

Comment

• Originally posted by It Takes Eleven View Post

Is it a pex line?
                It's that black polyurethane pipe

Comment

• Originally posted by Stan View Post

It's that black polyurethane pipe
                  Is it leaking from the coupling? I don't know what weight the black pipe is, but for underground, you should use schedule 80, which is a heavier pipe than the schedule 40 typically found in houses from the 80's to early 2000's. When using plastic pipe, you must do more than glue it together. You must use a pipe cleaner inside and out of the coupling and the pipe. Let it dry. Make sure there are no burrs of plastic hanging on anywhere. Then glue the coupling and pipe together. Let dry before you pressure test. Then fill gravel or dirt underneath the pipe to keep from the stress fracturing your pipe BEFORE you fill the hole back

Last edited by Pinche Cabron; 05-17-2018, 06:08 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stan

It's $20 for me to "fix", probably 200-300 for a plumber to fix.

Comment

• If your plumbing system was made of wood like the Biltmore Estate, Biff would be your man.

Comment

• What pinche said.

They also sell heavy duty couplings that use pipe clamps that might work.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

• Pinche is on it. Also use PVC it's super cheap and easy to work with.

And the local water department can probably help you out with a leak adjustment on your bill once you get it fixed. Take the hardware store receipt with you.
                          barney_stinson_signature_by_schub3rt.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal Lecter MD View Post
                            If your plumbing system was made of wood like the Biltmore Estate, Biff would be your man.
                            Biff would dovetail that pipe back together, throw on some filler, and sand it back down and you'd never knew it was leaking.
                            barney_stinson_signature_by_schub3rt.jpg

Comment

• Word

Comment

• Originally posted by Barney Stinson View Post

Biff would dovetail that pipe back together, throw on some filler, and sand it back down and you'd never knew it was leaking except for the drops of blood left from his finger injuries.
                                FTFY
                                "There were no arguments, those were ass chewings....."
                                Nick Saban 9/10/2016

Comment

Working...
                                X