No announcement yet.

Seen anything worth watching lately?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Went to the movies this afternoon and watched The Upside. Meh. I absolutely must watch that WWI documentary coming out, using actual footage, in color. I predict it will be very dusty in that theater. They Shall Not Grow Old is the name of it

Comment

• Somebody told me the Showtime series 'Shameless' was good, so I've been watching that. It's pretty damn funny.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stan View Post
        Went to the movies this afternoon and watched The Upside. Meh. I absolutely must watch that WWI documentary coming out, using actual footage, in color. I predict it will be very dusty in that theater. They Shall Not Grow Old is the name of it
        If you ever make it to Kansas City, the WWI Memorial and Museum is a must do.

Comment

• This is on the boring side, no gore or nudity, but I recently got YouTube TV for the lake. I had never watched the Smithsonian Channel before, and the Aerial America series is pretty neat. They take a state each episode, or perhaps a theme, and the footage is all from the air as it's narrated. Not bad to have an episode running as I'm having coffee doing a little work. The Alabama episode spends a good bit of time around Tuscaloosa, with views of the University, a controlled burn started by helicopter and Moundville.

Comment

• Originally posted by It Takes Eleven View Post
            This is on the boring side, no gore or nudity, but I recently got YouTube TV for the lake. I had never watched the Smithsonian Channel before, and the Aerial America series is pretty neat. They take a state each episode, or perhaps a theme, and the footage is all from the air as it's narrated. Not bad to have an episode running as I'm having coffee doing a little work. The Alabama episode spends a good bit of time around Tuscaloosa, with views of the University, a controlled burn started by helicopter and Moundville.
            I grew up in Moundville and my folks still live there. People from Moundville dont find the park near as cool as everyone else seems to.
            barney_stinson_signature_by_schub3rt.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by Barney Stinson View Post

I grew up in Moundville and my folks still live there. People from Moundville dont find the park near as cool as everyone else seems to.
              I agree. I had family there, used to attend family reunions at the park as a kid. In my 20's, I went back and spent some time at the local bank. It hadn't changed much.

Comment

This is on the boring side, no gore or nudity, but I recently got YouTube TV for the lake. I had never watched the Smithsonian Channel before, and the Aerial America series is pretty neat. They take a state each episode, or perhaps a theme, and the footage is all from the air as it's narrated. Not bad to have an episode running as I'm having coffee doing a little work. The Alabama episode spends a good bit of time around Tuscaloosa, with views of the University, a controlled burn started by helicopter and Moundville.
                I watch Aerial America all the time. It's a great and informative series.

Comment

This could be overcome by a simple change of lenses.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sid Youngleman

This could be overcome by a simple change of lenses.
                    True, they did show tornado devastation in Tuscaloosa and Phil Campbell. I never knew about the organized effort of Phil Campbells worldwide who assisted in relief efforts for their namesake town.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

True, they did show tornado devastation in Tuscaloosa and Phil Campbell. I never knew about the organized effort of Phil Campbells worldwide who assisted in relief efforts for their namesake town.
                      I've enjoyed those too, though I've never seen all of the one on Alabama. They had to fly over Rhode Island three times to fill up the hour.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sid Youngleman View Post

I've enjoyed those too, though I've never seen all of the one on Alabama. They had to fly over Rhode Island three times to fill up the hour.
                        As I was scrolling through the shows early this morning looking for an Alabama episode, I noticed one was named "New England"...

Using YouTube TV off Roku, it appears like I have access to all of the episodes. Alabama is in season three, I think.

Comment

• I'm watching Aerial America right now. They are in Illinois. Apparently, Chicago is the only thing in Illinois.

Comment

• Originally posted by 2Stater View Post
                            I'm watching Aerial America right now. They are in Illinois. Apparently, Chicago is the only thing in Illinois.
                            Having driven through southern Illinois before, I cant disagree with their logic.
                            barney_stinson_signature_by_schub3rt.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by Barney Stinson View Post

Having driven through southern Illinois before, I cant disagree with their logic.
                              Can't say that you're wrong. I used to have to go to McComb on business a lot. Nothing there either.

Comment

• Originally posted by Barney Stinson

Southern IL rubs up against Paducah, KY, a great place to be from. I think that explains it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X