Cell/Wireless Phone Service

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cell/Wireless Phone Service

Do any of you go with a non-major carrier or do some kind of phone service that's cheaper than your standard Verizon/AT&T. I feel like I'm getting hosed through AT&T, but I'm pretty sure I can't do any better through Verizon. It may be about time to do something "non-traditional."

This was me without cell phone reception at my wife's uncle's house in washington county the past few weeks. Be thankful for what you've got.

Click image for larger version  Name:	e181.jpg Views:	1 Size:	45.4 KB ID:	52676

Comment

I had AT&T for 17 years. Switched to Straight Talk unlimited late last fall. Very pleased. I even have better reception. I now have three smart phones with unlimited everything for the price I was paying for one smart phone with 5 gigs of data and two regular phones.

Comment

I had AT&T but switched to Sprint about 8 yrs ago because of poor reception at my condo here in SC. When I moved back to P'cola, Sprint sucked donkey balls, so I went with Verizon. I pay a bit more, but my reception in both places is excellent.

Comment

Straight Talk is supposed to be the next best thing after Verizon and ATT. I think ST piggybacks on Verizons network so the coverage should be pretty good.

Comment

Originally posted by Pinche Cabron View Post
            I had AT&T for 17 years. Switched to Straight Talk unlimited late last fall. Very pleased. I even have better reception. I now have three smart phones with unlimited everything for the price I was paying for one smart phone with 5 gigs of data and two regular phones.
            Did you bring your own phones? How much data do you use and what are the speeds?

Comment

I have Cricket wireless. 4 phones unlimited data for 100 bucks... now unlimited data means they could cap the speed after 20 or so gigs.

Comment

Originally posted by Thunderballs View Post
                I have Cricket wireless. 4 phones unlimited data for 100 bucks... now unlimited data means they could cap the speed after 20 or so gigs.
                I'm getting royally screwed. And that's with a 19% company discount on the main line.

Comment

if you want to use your phone as a hotspot, you have to have a specific phone for that. we had 3 lines for 90 dollars and got the extra line for 10 more dollars and got one of the specific phones for the hot spot. You can bring your own phone as long as it is unlocked and works on the ATT network since ATT owns Cricket.

Comment

Originally posted by Hannibal Lecter MD View Post

Did you bring your own phones? How much data do you use and what are the speeds?
                    Both my work and my home have hi-speed wifi so I only use the data when away from those two places. I haven't ever had the speed throttled or slowed. I bought 3 i-phones up front (refurbed I-Phone 6) for 199 each and then I bought the year plan for each phone. Obviously, the longer the phone lasts, the more money I save. I broke even the first year with the total cost of phones and plans (I owned my LG phone on AT&T) but the next year I will save several hundred dollars over the AT&T similar plan

Comment

Speeds are 4 G - and 10 G per phone before they slow it down to 2 G

Comment

Thanks, Pinche and T-balls!

Comment

Working...
                        X