First Ultra Marathon In The Books.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Ultra Marathon In The Books.

Last week, (June 2nd) I completed my first Ultra Marathon of 50 miles. It took my 12 hours and 22 minutes to complete. It was the Dam Yeti 50, in damscus Va. on the Virginia Creeper Trail. Awesome scenery, great ppl, cold beer. Miles 25-40 totally sucked. I'm not gonna bore the shit out of you guys with a race report,. but if anyone is interested let me know. Click image for larger version

Name:	yurtyujyrtu.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	88.8 KB
ID:	53172
    Attached Files

dude! That is great!

Comment

I'd be stretching it to say I drive 50 miles in a week, and am still tired. WAY TO GO MY SAMMICH FRIEND!

Comment

I can barely ride a bicycle around the neighborhood without being winded.

Comment

Is this when you pound Michelob for 24 hours?
          barney_stinson_signature_by_schub3rt.jpg

Comment

Way to go, Rueben. We will live vicariously through you. I don't even think Balls has done that.

Comment

Balls isn't even the best runner amongst a bunch of fat asses.

Comment

Originally posted by Barney Stinson View Post
                Is this when you pound Michelob for 24 hours?

Comment

Thank you sirs. Miles 25-40 were seriously some of the worst times of my life. I had to quit the sunshine pumping motivation and start thinking about proving some haters wrong. Or at least not proving them right. I wound up in some dark places for a while.

On a side note: At the aid station located at mile 30 some little 5'2" < 100lb looking chic came into the aid station, did a shot of fireball, drank a mic ultra, and then took a beer for the trail. I was highly impressed.As they say, "Not all heroes wear capes."

here is the pic and the quote from the aid station volunteer:
                  I don't know who this is but they rolled into Watauga (mile 30) drank a beer, shot of fireball and took a beer for the road. — attending Dam Yeti 50Miler/50K at Creeper Trail Cottages.
                  Click image for larger version  Name:	34111288_10100307846286422_1845153663014666240_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&amp;_nc_eui2=AeE1sTOXEX0VkchwAHPUgOlv6bnVrpmtvAF-DgL_EgvS4oNJHkW-fl1scbUWhUif4Otlm2kVNIsowCjuEXIhFMz27A0Mh56SB46eqNTWZ_nABA&amp;oh=1da3b02bd0bd6d861841ea250ac8c29c&amp;oe=5BB522B0.jpg Views:	1 Size:	116.8 KB ID:	53228

Comment

That's nuts. And she looks way too perky to be on mile 30.

Comment

I imagine that helped with some of the pain she was feeling

Comment

If you sandpapered my ass and poured all of that Fireball on it, I still wouldn't have finished the run.

Comment

I like the idea of aid stations with beer, whiskey, and chocolate snacks.

Comment

Originally posted by 2Stater View Post
                            If you sandpapered my ass and poured all of that Fireball on it, I still wouldn't have finished the run.

Comment

Originally posted by 2Stater View Post
                              Hell, I walked about 1.7 miles last night and that was enough exercise for me.

Comment

Working...
                              X