First Ultra Marathon In The Books.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hannibal Lecter MD View Post

Hell, I walked about 1.7 miles last night and that was enough exercise for me.
    I walk the front nine of the golf course I live on, and around the clubhouse 5 days a week when weather permits. That's an hour walk and approximately 3.2 miles. Having said that, I haven't done it in 10 days. Back to it tomorrow.

Comment

What I did was past exercise and way past healthy or 'good for you." It really broke me down mentally as well as physically.

Comment

I will add this tho'...anything past 13-14 miles comes down to three factors. Mentality, foot care and nutrition.

Comment

Originally posted by rueben View Post
          I will add this tho'...anything past 13-14 miles comes down to three factors. Mentality, foot care and nutrition.
          19 years ago I ran 13 miles without anything on my stomach but a cup of coffee. Big mistake. I should have had a few calories before and about midway. Even if just a banana or something. I felt like CRAP after

Comment

Originally posted by Pinche Cabron View Post

19 years ago I ran 13 miles without anything on my stomach but a cup of coffee. Big mistake. I should have had a few calories before and about midway. Even if just a banana or something. I felt like CRAP after
            I listened to some ultra marathoners talking ( yes I know when to keep my fucking mouth shut and listen) and one said, "If you can run 13.1 , you can run a 50 K. (31 miles). I dint know what he was talking about at first. But the foot care nutrition and mental game are it. You keep the salt, sugar and hydration game going, prevent or dispose of the blisters, and get your head right, the body will just shift into overdrive.

Comment

Is that what those 13.1 stickers on the back of cars represent? That person ran a little over 8 miles?

Comment

Originally posted by RhinoGuy
                Is that what those 13.1 stickers on the back of cars represent? That person ran a little over 8 miles?
                They ran 13.1 miles aka half marathon. You’ll also see 26.2 sometimes.

Comment

Originally posted by RhinoGuy View Post
                  Now that you know what they mean, you can start rolling your eyes at them with the rest of us.

Comment

Originally posted by Hannibal Lecter MD

Now that you know what they mean, you can start rolling your eyes at them with the rest of us.
                    Right. I don’t know why anybody would feel the need to brag about their running to others.

Comment

I ran by myself. It just so happened that it was 13 miles. I ran to another town and back - along a highway in Alabama. I just decided one night when I was laying in bed. The most I had run until then was 8 miles. I just had the thought laying in bed - "Hey, tomorrow I'm gonna run to ..." I really enjoyed it except for feeling so drained. I weighed a lot less then and running came easy. Now I can't run to the mailbox without my knees giving out

Comment

Originally posted by Pinche Cabron
                        I ran by myself. It just so happened that it was 13 miles. I ran to another town and back - along a highway in Alabama. I just decided one night when I was laying in bed. The most I had run until then was 8 miles. I just had the thought laying in bed - "Hey, tomorrow I'm gonna run to ..." I really enjoyed it except for feeling so drained. I weighed a lot less then and running came easy. Now I can't run to the mailbox without my knees giving out
                        You should have ran that extra tenth of a mile.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by RhinoGuy View Post
                          You should have ran that extra tenth of a mile.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
                          But then I'd feel entitled to one of those stickers on my car - and they are - well, kinda girly

Comment

Imma get a 50 mile one.
                            fuck it.
                            or maybe one that I saw a while back... " Oh you ran a marathon? That's cute." :D

Comment

Originally posted by rueben View Post
                              Imma get a 50 mile one.
                              fuck it.
                              or maybe one that I saw a while back... " Oh you ran a marathon? That's cute." :D
                              I'm actually ok with the marathon and especially the ultra, but the half marathon sticker...you're a douche, right Balls?

Comment

Originally posted by Stan View Post

I'm actually ok with the marathon and especially the ultra, but the half marathon sticker...you're a douche, right Balls?
                                Funny thing is, never had a desire to do a regular marathon. a half, yes, a n ultra, yes. a regular? No. I'm just fucked up like that.

Comment

Working...
                                X