Intestate Thoughts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by quack quack bang View Post
    So, Mark Zuckerburg lost more personal wealth (at least on paper) than the GDP of most countries on earth.
    And the board of directors are calling for his head.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bamaholic View Post
      Are you older than Bob Barker?
      No, but I make up the difference with raw senility.

Comment

• Originally posted by 2Stater View Post

And the board of directors are calling for his head.
        Do you think he will have any lifestyle change now that he's only worth $50B instead of $65B? (no idea about the actual numbers for his personal wealth and don't care enough to Google it, either).
        "There were no arguments, those were ass chewings....."
        Nick Saban 9/10/2016

“I don’t know who is driving all this stuff, but to me it’s kind of like mouse manure when you’re up to your ears in elephant doo-doo,"
        Nick Saban 05/29/2018

“You’re ruining the game with RPOs and illegal guys downfield. And you think it should be legal. You think it’s normal. Kiss my ass.”
        Nick Saban 06/13/2018

Comment

• Originally posted by Sid Youngleman View Post

No, but I make up the difference with raw senility.
          The World 75 Years Ago

Politics & Government

• Franklin D. Roosevelt was the president, and Harry S. Truman was his vice president.
          • The first peacetime draft occurred in September.
          • Winston Churchill became Britain’s Prime Minister.
          • Hitler invaded Denmark, the Netherlands, Belgium, France, and Luxembourg.
          • Walt Disney begins working as an informer for the Los Angeles FBI.
          • Winston Churchill was voted the Time Magazine’s “Man of the Year.”

Media

• “Rebecca,” directed by Alfred Hitchcock, won the Best Film Oscar.
          • The first “Green Lantern” comic book hit the stands in July.
          • Hattie McDaniel became the first African American actor to win an Academy Award for her supporting role in “Gone with the Wind.”
          • 80% of Americans owned a radio.
          • “I Love Lucy” actress Lucille Ball marries actor Desi Arnaz in November in Greenwich.
          • Books published included “For Whom the Bell Tolls,” by Ernest Hemingway, “Native Son,” by Richard Wright, and “Horton Hatches the Egg,” by Dr. Seuss.
          • Popular films included: “Pinocchio,” “Fantasia,” and “The Great Dictator.”
          • Number one singles included “Only Forever” and “White Christmas” by Bing Crosby, and “Blueberry Hill” and “Moonlight Cocktail” by Glenn Miller.
          • Winston Churchill was voted the Time Magazine’s “Man of the Year.”

Sports

• The 1940 Olympic Games were cancelled due to the war, along with many other championships.
          • The World Series Champions were the Cincinnati Reds.
          • The NFL Champions were the Chicago Bears.
          • Basketball players were not affected by the draft because their height made them ineligible to serve.
          • The Green Bay Packers become 1st NFL team to travel by plane.
          • NY Rangers won the Stanley Cup.
          • Jackie Robinson won the 1940 NCAA Men’s Track and Field Championships in the Long Jump.

Business and Economics

• The Paper Mate Company was founded.
          • Top industries were manufacturing, totaling 23.4% of Americans, and agriculture, totaling 18.5%.
          • Minimum wage was $.30 per hour.
          • Igor Sikorsky made the first practical helicopter in Stratford.
          • A gallon of milk was $.34, while a gallon of gas was $.18.
          • The first Social Security benefit checks were paid out.
          • The average car cost $800.
          • The average urban monthly rate was $30.83.
          • Frank Mars and Bruce Murrie created candy-coated chocolate pieces in six different colors- red, green, yellow, brown, and violet- later known as M&M’s.

Demographics & Lifestyle

• New York had the largest state population of 13.4 million.
          • The life expectancy was 68 for females and 61 for males.
          • Benjamin Oliver Davis, Sr. is appointed the first African American General in the U.S. Army.
          • There were 48 US States.
          • Popular children’s names included James, Robert, Mary and Barbara.
          • The US Census resident population totaled 132,164,569 people.
          • John Lennon, Ringo Starr, Nancy Sinatra, Frankie Avalon, Bruce Lee, and Chuck Norris were born.

Nick Saban 9/10/2016

“I don’t know who is driving all this stuff, but to me it’s kind of like mouse manure when you’re up to your ears in elephant doo-doo,"
          Nick Saban 05/29/2018

“You’re ruining the game with RPOs and illegal guys downfield. And you think it should be legal. You think it’s normal. Kiss my ass.”
          Nick Saban 06/13/2018

Comment

• John Lennon, Ringo Starr, Nancy Sinatra, Frankie Avalon, Bruce Lee, and Chuck Norris were born.
            Right, so Nancy Sinatra makes the list but Mick and I don't? Somebody get me the number for the Law Offices of Michael de Mayo. I'm tight with his brother Cinco.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sid Youngleman
              Right, so Nancy Sinatra makes the list but Mick and I don't? Somebody get me the number for the Law Offices of Michael de Mayo. I'm tight with his brother Cinco.
              I hear Chuck Norris is resurrecting Walker, Texas Ranger. It’s going to be called Texas Rangers with walkers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Sid Youngleman View Post

Looks like you taught those actuarial bastards a lesson.

"The life expectancy was 68 for females and 61 for males."
                Nick Saban 9/10/2016

Nick Saban 05/29/2018

Nick Saban 06/13/2018

Comment

• Originally posted by quack quack bang View Post

Looks like you taught those actuarial bastards a lesson.

"The life expectancy was 68 for females and 61 for males."
                  You know what an actuary is, don't you? Somebody who didn't have sufficient personality to be an accountant.

Comment

• And in related news, Urban Meyer suffers another fake heart attack.
                    Nick Saban 9/10/2016

Nick Saban 05/29/2018

Nick Saban 06/13/2018

Comment

• I bought a Shark vacuum cleaner today.

My God, I cannot believe the filth and squalor I've been living in.

That damn thing must have been pulling dirt up from the crawl space. Best vacuum I've ever seen.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Biff View Post
                        I bought a Shark vacuum cleaner today.

My God, I cannot believe the filth and squalor I've been living in.

That damn thing must have been pulling dirt up from the crawl space. Best vacuum I've ever seen.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                        We have one. Damn thing is impressive.
                        barney_stinson_signature_by_schub3rt.jpg

Comment

• My wife irritates me. She complains all throughout the week because she didn't get out of the house much. Then i get out early this AM to do the weekly yardwork so that I can be done in time for us to have most of the day to do something and she says she's got too much to do to go anywhere.

Comment

• Why is it impossible to find good Chinese takeout? There is one place by my wife’s work that’s pretty good, but that’s it. That’s not exactly something that’s difficult to make taste good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stan View Post
                              Why is it impossible to find good Chinese takeout? There is one place by my wife’s work that’s pretty good, but that’s it. That’s not exactly something that’s difficult to make taste good.
                              I concur. Chinese restaurants get shittier every time I eat at one.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stan View Post
                                Why is it impossible to find good Chinese takeout? There is one place by my wife’s work that’s pretty good, but that’s it. That’s not exactly something that’s difficult to make taste good.
                                They've all moved to the Buffet style - offering prepacked frozen, twice-cooked crap they get from an outfit that delivers like sysco foods

Comment

Working...
                                X