No announcement yet.

Thoughts with Biff and Balls

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any of you fellas tried to drill out the holes in your gas grill burners? I have a propane grill that I hate because it doesnt get hot enough. Im thinking about pulling out the burners and drilling out the little holes to get a bigger flame and more heat. I also thought about changing out the pressure regulator on the propane tank but I think it would still be limited by the control knobs that connect to the manifold.

Comment

• Originally posted by RhinoGuy
      Any of you fellas tried to drill out the holes in your gas grill burners? I have a propane grill that I hate because it doesnt get hot enough. Im thinking about pulling out the burners and drilling out the little holes to get a bigger flame and more heat. I also thought about changing out the pressure regulator on the propane tank but I think it would still be limited by the control knobs that connect to the manifold.
      This sounds like a great idea. Will you video it?

Comment

• Originally posted by Biff View Post

This sounds like a great idea. Will you video it?
        Might need to get the wife to video it for the safety of the video equipment.
        barney_stinson_signature_by_schub3rt.jpg

Comment

• This Weber grill I got is the best damn grill I’ve ever owned. Couldn’t be happier

Comment

• My grill needs a 3rd burner. Right now the cavity is too big for 2 burners. It's got stainless grates too and they lose heat too fast. I'm probably going to swap them out for cast iron grates.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

• I haven’t used my gas grill all year. It was a good one but needs those things at the bottom that go over the flames. Also a new starter. I want to get rid of it

Comment

• I’m grilling some corn at this very moment

Comment

• I use charcoal.
                  barney_stinson_signature_by_schub3rt.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by Stan View Post
                    I haven’t used my gas grill all year. It was a good one but needs those things at the bottom that go over the flames. Also a new starter. I want to get rid of it
                    The starter has already gone out on mine and its only 3-4 months old. I dont think I have ever had a grill that the starter worked in. Ive always used a stick lighter.

Comment

• I like charcoal but sometimes if I just want to cook a couple of burgers or hotdogs it aint worth the trouble.

Comment

• I ordered some cast iron grates. If that dont work Im gonna break out the drill and oversize the holes by a hair. The grill came with a drill bit that is supposed to be used to clean the holes out. I guess Ill try that bit first incase the burners werent stamped out correctly when they were manufactured.

Comment

• Originally posted by RhinoGuy View Post
                          I like charcoal but sometimes if I just want to cook a couple of burgers or hotdogs it aint worth the trouble.
                          Do you use a chimney? It’s barely any more effort than a gas grill.

Comment

The starter has already gone out on mine and its only 3-4 months old. I dont think I have ever had a grill that the starter worked in. Ive always used a stick lighter.
                            This starter worked for a couple of years. I even had to change the battery once. Has to be some kind of record. Those things never work

Comment

• Originally posted by Stan View Post

Do you use a chimney? It’s barely any more effort than a gas grill.
                              I use a tiny little hay bail looking thing to start the fire. Its not hard or anything I just dont think burgers and dogs are any better using charcoal. Especially if you have a well seasoned gas grill. Just about anything other than burgers and dogs I will fire up the charcoal for.

Comment

I use a tiny little hay bail looking thing to start the fire. Its not hard or anything I just dont think burgers and dogs are any better using charcoal. Especially if you have a well seasoned gas grill. Just about anything other than burgers and dogs I will fire up the charcoal for.
                                Just googled how to make a gas grill hotter. They used lava rocks over the burners, with cast iron grates. Looked pretty cool too

Comment

Working...
                                X