Clear All

Click image for larger version

Name:	434500D3-267F-4B4B-AD24-39F932F4077C.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	93.5 KB
ID:	59243

Comment

• Originally posted by Stan

Do you use a chimney? It’s barely any more effort than a gas grill.
      Stan....please. I turn a knob and push a button.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stan View Post
        Click image for larger version

Name:	434500D3-267F-4B4B-AD24-39F932F4077C.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	93.5 KB
ID:	59243
        I may try that if the cast iron grates dont work. The grill pictured has the worst placed knobs of any grill I have ever seen.

Comment

• Originally posted by Biff View Post
          Stan....please. I turn a knob and push a button.
          And you get what you push for. Charcoal rulz.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sid Youngleman

And you get what you push for. Charcoal rulz.
            Not the point. Stan said it’s hardly more effort.

Shovel out some ash to make room in the grill, drag out the bag of charcoal, look for newspaper, realize you and the rest of the world don’t read the newspaper and resort to pulling off about 3 feet of paper towels, cram it up in the bottom of the chimney, start dumping coal in the top, spill coal, pick up coal, turn hands black, not realize you’ve spilled a bunch of tiny pieces of coal which you walk through and sticks to your shoes, walk back in the house to get the damn lighter, finally find the lighter and then see all the coal you’ve tracked through the house, wipe most of it up, light the paper towels and realize they burn too damn fast, coal doesn’t quite get going, pull off 3 more feet of paper towels and shove it up in there, more pieces of coal fall out, have to then resort to blowing into the chimney and face is full of smoke, reek of smoke, 10 mins later dump mostly hot coals into grill

Definitely more effort

Comment

Shovel out some ash to make room in the grill, drag out the bag of charcoal, look for newspaper, realize you and the rest of the world don’t read the newspaper and resort to pulling off about 3 feet of paper towels, cram it up in the bottom of the chimney, start dumping coal in the top, spill coal, pick up coal, turn hands black, not realize you’ve spilled a bunch of tiny pieces of coal which you walk through and sticks to your shoes, walk back in the house to get the damn lighter, finally find the lighter and then see all the coal you’ve tracked through the house, wipe most of it up, light the paper towels and realize they burn too damn fast, coal doesn’t quite get going, pull off 3 more feet of paper towels and shove it up in there, more pieces of coal fall out, have to then resort to blowing into the chimney and face is full of smoke, reek of smoke, 10 mins later dump mostly hot coals into grill

Definitely more effort
              That process is more inefficient than our kicking game.
              barney_stinson_signature_by_schub3rt.jpg

Comment

• I’m about to get a grill for the lake place. I stubbed a line under the grilling deck, so I need one that’s convertible to natural gas. Have any of you ever done that conversion ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by It Takes Eleven
                  I’m about to get a grill for the lake place. I stubbed a line under the grilling deck, so I need one that’s convertible to natural gas. Have any of you ever done that conversion ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  I bet rhino has run one like that into his house somewhere

Comment

Definitely more effort
                    No wonder you have trouble if you use paper towels. Use newspaper. Incidentally, years of charcoal chimney and wood stove experience have taught me that the Washington Post burns better than the New York Times. (My son in law, the retired lobbyist, still subscribes to both.) You're right that the prep is simpler and neater with gas, but in my opinion, the taste of the final product is much inferior.

Comment

• Originally posted by Biff

Definitely more effort
                      You need to get some of hose tiny little hay bail things.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Sid Youngleman

No wonder you have trouble if you use paper towels. Use newspaper. Incidentally, years of charcoal chimney and wood stove experience have taught me that the Washington Post burns better than the New York Times. (My son in law, the retired lobbyist, still subscribes to both.) You're right that the prep is simpler and neater with gas, but in my opinion, the taste of the final product is much inferior.
                        Only you old timers read the newspaper

Comment

• I'm going all charcoal. My gas grill in P'cola is on it's last leg. The charcoal grill I have here in SC has made me a believer. Anybody want to buy three propane tanks?

Comment

• Originally posted by RhinoGuy
                            You need to get some of hose tiny little hay bail things.

Turn knob, push button. This Weber is a whole different ballgame. Specially designed to vaporize most of the drippings and send that smoke and grease mist back up to the meat.

Comment

• I can't believe Biff fell for that dripping vapor line

Comment

• Prince’s “Lets Go Crazy” was a good song.

Comment

Working...
                                X