Clear All

• Biff
    started a topic Thoughts with Biff and Balls

Thoughts with Biff and Balls

Let's do this buddy!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• It Takes Eleven
    replied
    This is the thread that never ends, it just goes on and on and on...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Big Balls
    replied
    Originally posted by Hannibal Lecter MD View Post
    Barney gave a decent answer for why baseball managers wear uniforms. If you need more of an answer it's because it's America's game and it's a GD tradition. If you need more of a reason than that, take your ass elsewhere, you commie bastard.

In reality, most of them don't wear full uniforms anymore. Maybe they just wear the pants because they're comfortable. And if you're wearing baseball "pants," it's totally ok to rearrange your junk on national TV. It's a recognized precedence.
    Imagine Pat RIley in a basketball uniform or Nick Saban in knee pants and a jersey.

Leave a comment:

• Hannibal Lecter MD
    replied
    Barney gave a decent answer for why baseball managers wear uniforms. If you need more of an answer it's because it's America's game and it's a GD tradition. If you need more of a reason than that, take your ass elsewhere, you commie bastard.

In reality, most of them don't wear full uniforms anymore. Maybe they just wear the pants because they're comfortable. And if you're wearing baseball "pants," it's totally ok to rearrange your junk on national TV. It's a recognized precedence.
    Last edited by Hannibal Lecter MD; 12-13-2018, 10:29 PM.

Leave a comment:

• quack quack bang
    replied
    Originally posted by It Takes Eleven View Post

How interesting. That's my pet name for my manhood as well. My supreme moments are short lived.
    As I recall, WonderBoy split in half while in a guy named Roy's hands.........just sayin'

Leave a comment:

• Sid Youngleman
    replied
    Originally posted by It Takes Eleven View Post
    How interesting. That's my pet name for my manhood as well. My supreme moments are short lived.
    I bet that lightning left a mark.

Leave a comment:

• It Takes Eleven
    replied
    Originally posted by Sid Youngleman View Post

Yes, but my career was tragically interrupted when I was shot by a deranged woman and underwent a long and trying stretch of rehabilitation and redemption before returning to glory at the supreme moment with the help of my lightning-born bat WonderBoy.

Leave a comment:

• Sid Youngleman
    replied
    Originally posted by quack quack bang View Post
    Were you on the team with him?
    Yes, but my career was tragically interrupted when I was shot by a deranged woman and underwent a long and trying stretch of rehabilitation and redemption before returning to glory at the supreme moment with the help of my lightning-born bat WonderBoy.

Leave a comment:

• quack quack bang
    replied
    Were you on the team with him?

Leave a comment:

• Sid Youngleman
    replied
    Originally posted by Barney Stinson View Post

I don't know for sure but I think it's because early on in MLB, the manager was also the general manager, similar to the way it is in professional soccer. That almost never happens now but I think it's a holdover from that.
    I take it I'm the only guy here who actually remembers when Connie Mack (see pic) managed -- and, I think, owned -- the Philadelphia Athletics.

Leave a comment:

• Pinche Cabron
    replied
    Originally posted by Stan View Post

And here you made us all think you were an engineer for nasa, and you’re just a secretary

Leave a comment:

• Big Balls
    replied
    Any of you government employees going home early today due to bomb threats?

https://www.cnn.com/2018/12/13/us/em...ats/index.html

Aside from the locations listed in the article, I know from Facebook that there have been threats in Alabama, DFW, and Louisiana.

Leave a comment:

• Barney Stinson
    replied
    Originally posted by Big Balls View Post

...and why do they call them managers and not coaches?
    I don't know for sure but I think it's because early on in MLB, the manager was also the general manager, similar to the way it is in professional soccer. That almost never happens now but I think it's a holdover from that.

Leave a comment:

• Big Balls
    replied
    Originally posted by Barney Stinson View Post

Because they are the only ones that are allowed to enter the field of play. When they make pitching changes they go on to the field so they wear a uniform.
    ...and why do they call them managers and not coaches?

Leave a comment:

• Barney Stinson
    replied
    Originally posted by Big Balls View Post
    Why do baseball managers dress like the players? No other sport does that.
    Because they are the only ones that are allowed to enter the field of play. When they make pitching changes they go on to the field so they wear a uniform.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X