Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for a place to stay for the Citadel game

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Looking for a place to stay for the Citadel game

    So, I am looking at hotels to stay at for the game. How bad is the La Quinta on McFarland? It would be my wife, 2 year old, and me. Is there any other recommendations? Not too expensive. Would it be better to stay in Birmingham?




    Any suggestions for what to do while in town? I have been, but my wife and daughter haven't been.

  • #2
    The La Quinta is ok... but JUST ok. It's a place to sleep... with one eye open

    I would check out the Bryant Museum and spend time on the Quad and Denny Chimes. The game will suck. Sorry. Don't go to Dreamland - worst bar-b-que I've ever had. It's really kinda hard making suggestions when you don't tell how long you are going to be in Tuscaloosa. Where you are coming from might impact suggestions of where you'd stay.

    Comment


    • #3
      blondeatlas?

      Is this Pundit?

      Comment


      • #4
        La Quinta on the North side of the interstate or the South side of the interstate? The North side LA Quinta is brand new and looks nice.

        Have you looked into VRBO or Airbnb? A former player rents out his apartment (The Lofts at City Cemter) through Airbnb. I have heard good reviews about it.

        Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

        Comment


        • #5
          Birmingham is 45 minutes away and the hotels are much cheaper on game weekend.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Biff View Post
            blondeatlas?

            Is this Pundit?
            Ain't no way old leatherpants would stay in La Quinta

            Comment


            • #7
              The west wing of rhinos house is open. He is a big believer in an open door policy, no walls for him.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Stan
                The west wing of rhinos house is open. He is a big believer in an open door policy, no walls for him.
                He’s got 7000 to choose from, heading this way

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Biff View Post

                  He’s got 7000 to choose from, heading this way
                  They are slowing down. There is another caravan behind them. 1000 in that one. They will have 10k at the border.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    First time caller. He did a "hang up and listen."

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Hannibal Lecter MD View Post
                      First time caller. He did a "hang up and listen."
                      He asked a question about Tuscaloosa and got an immigration discussion. What’s his deal??

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by RhinoGuy View Post
                        La Quinta on the North side of the interstate or the South side of the interstate? The North side LA Quinta is brand new and looks nice.

                        Have you looked into VRBO or Airbnb? A former player rents out his apartment (The Lofts at City Cemter) through Airbnb. I have heard good reviews about it.

                        Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
                        It would be on south side of the interstate. I looked into AirBNB and VRBO, but there is not much in my price range. I could rent one room in a house, but it seemed a little weird to stay in a one room in a apartment/condo/home. I may try to find the place the former player rents out...as long as it is not too expensive.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Pinche Cabron View Post
                          The La Quinta is ok... but JUST ok. It's a place to sleep... with one eye open

                          I would check out the Bryant Museum and spend time on the Quad and Denny Chimes. The game will suck. Sorry. Don't go to Dreamland - worst bar-b-que I've ever had. It's really kinda hard making suggestions when you don't tell how long you are going to be in Tuscaloosa. Where you are coming from might impact suggestions of where you'd stay.
                          That is what I figured which is why I wanted to ask. I want to spend time at the Museum, but it can be difficult with a 2 year old. I went to Dreamland and Archibald's the last time I was in Tuscaloosa. It was kind of a "must do" while you were in Tuscaloosa. I will be in town Friday morning and leaving town on Sunday morning. It just might be me at the game, and I wanted some ideas for my wife and daughter. I would be driving up from the Destin, Florida area.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by blondeatlas View Post

                            That is what I figured which is why I wanted to ask. I want to spend time at the Museum, but it can be difficult with a 2 year old. I went to Dreamland and Archibald's the last time I was in Tuscaloosa. It was kind of a "must do" while you were in Tuscaloosa. I will be in town Friday morning and leaving town on Sunday morning. It just might be me at the game, and I wanted some ideas for my wife and daughter. I would be driving up from the Destin, Florida area.
                            I've got some family in that area. They are barn fans. Think you can convert them in the meantime?

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Stan View Post

                              He asked a question about Tuscaloosa and got an immigration discussion. What’s his deal??
                              Not sure how that happened, but I have been around for awhile. I just don't post a lot. I came over to this board from the old Tidesports forum. Just figured it would be better to ask for some suggestions on the board.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X