Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Happy Thanksgiving Woolly Bros

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    We had a crowd. Many stayed too late. My oldest and middle daughters have yakkety boyfriends. I try to listen politely, but it gets REALLY tiresome after a while. After we ate, I was trying to fight off my tryptophan induced coma, but ended up succumbing to it with one of them in my ear. Mrs 2 said he never knew I fell asleep and kept talking for another 10 minutes. Imma getting too old for this shit.

    Comment


    • #32
      Stater is such a nice guy. I did the opposite. We had folks wanting to talk it up too late so I just got up and went to bed and left them chatting in the living room.
      barney_stinson_signature_by_schub3rt.jpg

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by Barney Stinson View Post
        Stater is such a nice guy. I did the opposite. We had folks wanting to talk it up too late so I just got up and went to bed and left them chatting in the living room.
        I've done that before too, but usually at night. We ate early yesterday.

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by Hannibal Lecter MD View Post
          Any of you fools hitting any Black Friday deals?
          After everyone left the lake house late yesterday, except for me and the wife, I had just settled into a Four Roses on the rocks to ease into the evening. My wife offers, "you've never been Black Friday shopping with me. Let's go to Walmart right now and get one of the sale TVs."

          Okay.

          We roll into the Pell City Walmart about 8:30pm and it looked like a terrorist attack or the Superbowl had occurred. PC Police has a mobile command center parked by the front entrance with perhaps ten police and St. Clair Sheriff's cars parked out front to boot. We stroll in and there is yellow caution tape everywhere that had been keeping everyone in line before things kicked off. I walked to the back of the store and found a nice lady moving a pallet of things, asked her if they had any more of the 65 inch TVs that were on sale. She radios a guy, he said yes, brought me a sheet of paper, I walked to the self checkout and a gal rang it up, no waiting, told me to drive around to the auto bays to pick it up. I drove around, showed my receipt, guys loaded it in the Tahoe while marveling at my Georgia plates saying Roll Tide on them, we left with mutual Roll Tides.

          Door to door 45 minutes. I was done.

          I'm working today.

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by It Takes Eleven View Post

            After everyone left the lake house late yesterday, except for me and the wife, I had just settled into a Four Roses on the rocks to ease into the evening. My wife offers, "you've never been Black Friday shopping with me. Let's go to Walmart right now and get one of the sale TVs."

            Okay.

            We roll into the Pell City Walmart about 8:30pm and it looked like a terrorist attack or the Superbowl had occurred. PC Police has a mobile command center parked by the front entrance with perhaps ten police and St. Clair Sheriff's cars parked out front to boot. We stroll in and there is yellow caution tape everywhere that had been keeping everyone in line before things kicked off. I walked to the back of the store and found a nice lady moving a pallet of things, asked her if they had any more of the 65 inch TVs that were on sale. She radios a guy, he said yes, brought me a sheet of paper, I walked to the self checkout and a gal rang it up, no waiting, told me to drive around to the auto bays to pick it up. I drove around, showed my receipt, guys loaded it in the Tahoe while marveling at my Georgia plates saying Roll Tide on them, we left with mutual Roll Tides.

            Door to door 45 minutes. I was done.

            I'm working today.
            Damn, I love happy endings! Well, except for the 'working' part.

            Comment


            • #36
              What are the specs and price on the TV? Hell, I doubt you could have had that good of an experience at Wal-Mart on a normal day.

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by 2Stater View Post
                We had a crowd. Many stayed too late. My oldest and middle daughters have yakkety boyfriends. I try to listen politely, but it gets REALLY tiresome after a while. After we ate, I was trying to fight off my tryptophan induced coma, but ended up succumbing to it with one of them in my ear. Mrs 2 said he never knew I fell asleep and kept talking for another 10 minutes. Imma getting too old for this shit.
                I one up’d you. Before I fell asleep during the conversations, I went to bed and fell asleep watching Band of Brothers on Amazon Prime.
                "There were no arguments, those were ass chewings....."
                Nick Saban 9/10/2016

                “I don’t know who is driving all this stuff, but to me it’s kind of like mouse manure when you’re up to your ears in elephant doo-doo,"
                Nick Saban 05/29/2018

                “You’re ruining the game with RPOs and illegal guys downfield. And you think it should be legal. You think it’s normal. Kiss my ass.”
                Nick Saban 06/13/2018

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by quack quack bang View Post

                  I one up’d you. Before I fell asleep during the conversations, I went to bed and fell asleep watching Band of Brothers on Amazon Prime.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by Hannibal Lecter MD View Post
                    What are the specs and price on the TV? Hell, I doubt you could have had that good of an experience at Wal-Mart on a normal day.
                    It was a 65 inch Sharp/Roku TV that was on for $398.

                    https://www.walmart.com/ip/Sharp-65-...300U/942078261


                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by Barney Stinson View Post
                      Stater is such a nice guy. I did the opposite. We had folks wanting to talk it up too late so I just got up and went to bed and left them chatting in the living room.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Wife did some Black Friday shopping last night, came home, slept, and was gone again at 6. I’m afraid to look at the bank account.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          I just bought a Kimber rifle from the comfort of my recliner. Love African-American Friday

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by Stan

                            I don't believe that people like their company that much. Must have been hanging out to drink for free out of their liquor cabinets.

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by Hannibal Lecter MD View Post
                              I don't believe that people like their company that much. Must have been hanging out to drink for free out of their liquor cabinets.
                              Ed Zachary! My liquor cabinet took a serious beating yesterday. Gonna have to replenish tomorrow before the game.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X