Thoughts, Just Thoughts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Big Balls View Post
    I like Shiner Black. Buy it whenever I can.
    "There were no arguments, those were ass chewings....."
    Nick Saban 9/10/2016

“I don’t know who is driving all this stuff, but to me it’s kind of like mouse manure when you’re up to your ears in elephant doo-doo,"
    Nick Saban 05/29/2018

“You’re ruining the game with RPOs and illegal guys downfield. And you think it should be legal. You think it’s normal. Kiss my ass.”
    Nick Saban 06/13/2018

Comment

• Originally posted by quack quack bang View Post
      I cannot fathom the amount of road work and resulting delays that are going to occur once the tax is in place and the money starts rolling in. You can't move any direction in B'ham right now, and that was without any money in place.

And who at ALDOT decides to divert all B'ham east/west traffic to I459, and also decides to simultaneously perform construction at multiple locations on 459?
      Silly boy, actually thinking that money will be used for it's intended purpose.

Comment

I cannot fathom the amount of road work and resulting delays that are going to occur once the tax is in place and the money starts rolling in. You can't move any direction in B'ham right now, and that was without any money in place.

And who at ALDOT decides to divert all B'ham east/west traffic to I459, and also decides to simultaneously perform construction at multiple locations on 459?

Downtown roads that everyone is detouring to are total messes too. Especially east of 280. They should have repaired and finished working on all of the detour streets and highways before tearing down the 20/59 (59/20) bridges for two god damn years.

Do you know if they plan on opening up one direction of 20/59 before the other? They should be concentrating on at least getting one direction back up and running instead of opening up east and west at the end of construction.

Comment

• Originally posted by 2Stater View Post

Im sure Governah Ivey has a few relatives in the road construction business that will receive loads of cash to close down streets to repair pot holes.

Comment

• Originally posted by 2Stater View Post

This is what concerned me more than anything. Politicians voting for increased taxation under the name of infrastructure improvement without any accountability as to what it's actually spend on. I'll be shocked if more than 30-40% of it goes towards roads.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal Lecter MD

This is what concerned me more than anything. Politicians voting for increased taxation under the name of infrastructure improvement without any accountability as to what it's actually spend on. I'll be shocked if more than 30-40% of it goes towards roads.
              It seemed like they rushed it through too. Not giving anyone time to figure out what the hell was going on

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Pinche Cabron View Post
                Not so fast, my friend. English major, History minor. Did just fine.

Comment

• Originally posted by RhinoGuy View Post

Downtown roads that everyone is detouring to are total messes too. Especially east of 280. They should have repaired and finished working on all of the detour streets and highways before tearing down the 20/59 (59/20) bridges for two god damn years.

Do you know if they plan on opening up one direction of 20/59 before the other? They should be concentrating on at least getting one direction back up and running instead of opening up east and west at the end of construction.
                  I haven't followed it closely and I'm not sure how the intend to reopen the junction.
                  Nick Saban 9/10/2016

“I don’t know who is driving all this stuff, but to me it’s kind of like mouse manure when you’re up to your ears in elephant doo-doo,"
                  Nick Saban 05/29/2018

“You’re ruining the game with RPOs and illegal guys downfield. And you think it should be legal. You think it’s normal. Kiss my ass.”
                  Nick Saban 06/13/2018

Comment

• The gov's ink ain't even dry on the gas tax and ALDOT just jumped the shark

Don't give ALdotCOM a click; here's the meat of the article:

Crews will begin emergency paving repairs and surveys on Interstate 65, Interstate 59/20 and Interstate 459 in Hoover Wednesday night, Alabama Department of Transportation officials announced Wednesday morning.

Paving will begin at 8 p.m. Wednesday.

Beginning at 8 p.m., two left lanes of I-65 southbound will be closed from Daniel Payne Drive (mile-marker 263 to the I-59/20 Interchange (mile-marker 261) for repairs. Two inside lanes of Interstate 459 northbound from the U.S. 31 Interchange (Exit 13) to the entrance ramp from I-459 (mile-marker 15) will also close for repairs at 8 p.m.

Beginning at 9 p.m., two inside lanes of I-459 northbound from the U.S. 31 interchange (Exit 13) to the entrance ramp to I-459 (mile-marker 15). Two inside lanes of I-65 northbound will be closed through the I-59/20 interchange will also be closed.

Beginning at 10 p.m., the right lane of I-65 southbound from Daniel Payne Drive (mile marker 263) to the I-59/20 interchange will be closed. The right lane of I-459 northbound from the U.S. 31 interchange (Exit 13) to Daniel Payne Drive (mile-marker 263) will be closed.

Beginning at 11 p.m., the right lane of I-459 southbound from mile-marker 15 to the U.S. 31 interchange (Exit 13) will be closed. The right lane of I-65 north through the I-59/20 interchange will also be closed.

All lanes are expected to be re-opened by no later than 1 a.m. Friday, officials said.

I-59/20 northbound lane closure

At 9 a.m. Thursday, crews will begin a roadway survey on I-59/20 northbound from one half mile north of Bush Boulevard (mile-marker 122) to one half mile south of Arkadelphia Road (mile-marker 123) in Birmingham.

Two left lanes of I-59/20 northbound will be closed. All lanes of traffic will be reopened no later than 3 p.m. Thursday.

U.S. 31 bridge removal in Calera

I-65 southbound traffic will be routed off the interstate at Exit 231 and then back on at the same exit on ramp for the removal of the U.S. 31 bridge in Calera.

The traffic will be rerouted starting at 11 a.m. until 5 p.m. daily Wednesday and Thursday and again Sunday, March 17 until Thursday, March 21.

Alabama State Troopers and Calera police will direct traffic.

Motorists should consider using alternate routes and adjust arrival and departure times. Observe work zone speed limits and other work zone signs and use extreme caution in the area.

The lane closures are set to begin at 8 p.m. Wednesday. All affected lanes throughout Birmingham should reopen by 1 a.m. Friday.
                    Nick Saban 9/10/2016

Nick Saban 05/29/2018

Nick Saban 06/13/2018

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal Lecter MD View Post

Where is this business excursion?
                      The barn. I’m home now

Comment

• Originally posted by RhinoGuy View Post
                        Stans business meeting was really a party to celebrate the gas tax increase that nobody wanted.
                        They legit were making a list of those that voted no on the tax.

Comment

By the time it’s all spread out, I will be shocked if you even notice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stan

The barn. I’m home now
                            I'm sure your wife is happy to have you back.

Comment

• This cracked me up
                              Headline of an article on the Daily Wire that read: IRONY: Elizabeth Warren Says She Has ‘Zero’ Sympathy For College Admissions Scam

Comment

• I'd only known SXSW for the music side until I've seen all the clips of the libs flapping their gums on stage this year. I'd always wanted to go, but now I'm convinced that I'd probably never be able to enjoy myself in Austin for any occasion.

Comment

Working...
                                X