Thoughts, Just Thoughts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mr. Pink View Post
    You suggest the Ridgid over the Makita that I posted?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    I would if you have a Home Depot close by.

Comment

• The boogs are going to the CWS. 4 of the 8 teams are from the SEC. 3 of those are from the SEC West. Ole Miss is getting hammered by Arky 14-1 going to the bottom of the 7th inning.

Comment

• Talked to an aubrie barner today. They are ecstatic with basketball and the cheating liar getting into the final 4 and the bball getting to the cws
        "There were no arguments, those were ass chewings....."
        Nick Saban 9/10/2016

“I don’t know who is driving all this stuff, but to me it’s kind of like mouse manure when you’re up to your ears in elephant doo-doo,"
        Nick Saban 05/29/2018

“You’re ruining the game with RPOs and illegal guys downfield. And you think it should be legal. You think it’s normal. Kiss my ass.”
        Nick Saban 06/13/2018

Comment

• Full disclosure: Butch Thompson is a friend of mine, a good guy, and a great coach. Wish we had him ourselves, and we could have while he was at MSU and we were squandering our opportunity
          Nick Saban 9/10/2016

“I don’t know who is driving all this stuff, but to me it’s kind of like mouse manure when you’re up to your ears in elephant doo-doo,"
          Nick Saban 05/29/2018

“You’re ruining the game with RPOs and illegal guys downfield. And you think it should be legal. You think it’s normal. Kiss my ass.”
          Nick Saban 06/13/2018

Comment

• Originally posted by quack quack bang View Post
            Full disclosure: Butch Thompson is a friend of mine, a good guy, and a great coach. Wish we had him ourselves, and we could have while he was at MSU and we were squandering our opportunity
            Squandering opportunities is what we do.

Comment

• I don’t have the hate for auburn baseball and basketball. Honestly, I’m jealous

Comment

• Back on the battery-powered equipment topic, anyone have a battery-powered weed eater? Thoughts?

Comment

• I have a battery powered blower but that's it as far as lawn tools go.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal Lecter MD View Post
                    Back on the battery-powered equipment topic, anyone have a battery-powered weed eater? Thoughts?
                    Sorry, I'm all gasoline for yard work equipment.

I wouldn't think the battery life or the torque would be sufficient for large projects in the yard.
                    Nick Saban 9/10/2016

Nick Saban 05/29/2018

Nick Saban 06/13/2018

Comment

• Originally posted by quack quack bang View Post

Sorry, I'm all gasoline for yard work equipment.

I wouldn't think the battery life or the torque would be sufficient for large projects in the yard.
                      Surely it would be sufficient for just the routine weekly/bi-weekly trim. But these are the kinds of experiences I'm interested in.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stan View Post
                        I don’t have the hate for auburn baseball and basketball. Honestly, I’m jealous
                        Happy boogs make me unhappy. I don't even pull for their bass fishing team.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal Lecter MD View Post

routine weekly/bi-weekly trim
                          Ahhh, the single life

Nick Saban 9/10/2016

Nick Saban 05/29/2018

Nick Saban 06/13/2018

Comment

• My yard is about 3/4 an acre. But its fenced in, with a fire pit, a shed, deck and another small lifted walkway. Plus I have lots of planters. Trimming around all that as well as edging the sidewalk parts would be too much for battery powered.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Pink View Post
                              My yard is about 3/4 an acre. But its fenced in, with a fire pit, a shed, deck and another small lifted walkway. Plus I have lots of planters. Trimming around all that as well as edging the sidewalk parts would be too much for battery powered.

You know this from experience or just a guess? Also, I don't mind having an extra battery.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal Lecter MD

You know this from experience or just a guess? Also, I don't mind having an extra battery.
                                A little of both. I've never used an electric weed eater on this yard, but I've used them in the past.

I currently use a battery powered blower and its run time is just about enough to blow off my deck and sidewalks. It is a cheap one though, and I'm sure better ones have a better life.

Having 2 batteries would do the trick though... but with battery, I'd imagine you are giving up a little power too. The weed eater I used about 6 or 7 years ago would do the job, but I was afraid to get it into anything too thick.

Comment

Working...
                                X