Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thoughts, Just Thoughts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Concrete costs depend on how much you're using. The prices Biff found are about right for residential type work. For big construction projects, you can usually get it around $80-$85/yd.
    barney_stinson_signature_by_schub3rt.jpg

    Comment


    • Additional costs - strength rating of the concrete, whether using steel or fiber mesh or both

      Comment


      • 7500 for a damn driveway?? How about I get 2 loads of stone for $300, or maybe half that if my company lets me have two loads for nothing.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Stan
          7500 for a damn driveway?? How about I get 2 loads of stone for $300, or maybe half that if my company lets me have two loads for nothing.
          Stan, don’t you do paving work????

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Biff View Post

            Stan, don’t you do paving work????
            I could get a discount on the asphalt, but my wife doesn’t want an asphalt driveway. She thought I was full of crap when I thought concrete was going to be 3k, she thought 1k.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Stan

              I could get a discount on the asphalt, but my wife doesn’t want an asphalt driveway. She thought I was full of crap when I thought concrete was going to be 3k, she thought 1k.
              You were full of crap. It’ll be closer to $6K

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Stan View Post

                I could get a discount on the asphalt, but my wife doesn’t want an asphalt driveway. She thought I was full of crap when I thought concrete was going to be 3k, she thought 1k.
                You could asphalt the entrance and concrete the area you park in.

                Comment


                • I get tired of trying to figure out all of Stan’s f’in problems.
                  Driveways, kids, gun deals, barn animals, dead snakes, smokers......

                  What else am I missing?

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Stan

                    I could get a discount on the asphalt, but my wife doesn’t want an asphalt driveway. She thought I was full of crap when I thought concrete was going to be 3k, she thought 1k.
                    $1,000? It's possible this could explain part of your problems. She has no clue that stuff ain't cheap.

                    Comment


                    • Biff doing his best 'Bah Humbugging' to date.
                      Reporter: "What's it like to Have a QB like Tua throwing to you?
                      Smitty: "It's a blessin' "

                      Comment


                      • I’m contemplating starting a thread similar to SLO’s List of Careers thread, but calling it Stan’s Issues

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Biff View Post
                          I’m contemplating starting a thread similar to SLO’s List of Careers thread, but calling it Stan’s Issues
                          When you lay them all out in one post, it looks overwhelming

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Biff View Post
                            I get tired of trying to figure out all of Stan’s f’in problems.
                            Driveways, kids, gun deals, barn animals, dead snakes, smokers......

                            What else am I missing?
                            Here’s a good one. My wife is applying for a job that will be nothing but calling patients....from home. That’s right boys, my wife could possibly always be home

                            Comment


                            • quack quack bang
                              quack quack bang commented
                              Editing a comment
                              And making money while you're at work......wait, that sounds bad.

                          • Originally posted by Stan

                            Here’s a good one. My wife is applying for a job that will be nothing but calling patients....from home. That’s right boys, my wife could possibly always be home
                            I see a spotless house and dinner on the table

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by RhinoGuy View Post

                              I should clarify. The $1,300 was for concrete only. You would need to add in $ for labor cost.
                              Were you there when they poured it? Did it take one or two trucks. Typically a truck is 8 yards, although they can hold up to 10 but it spills on inclines. If it was for your shop, they should've poured it at least six inches to hold those car crushing trucks of yours. That would've taken two trucks. Four inches thick could've been poured from one truck.

                              I poured several hundred yards at the lake, and I was able to get it for $90 a yard. They did add a bit for the fiber reinforcement for the driveway.

                              Labor will run a minimum of $0.90 a square foot, probably a good bit more if they have to do a good bit of grading.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X