No announcement yet.

Thoughts, Just Thoughts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Muscle weighs more than fat. I hear yoga will really bulk you up.

Comment

• I think the sun is coming out.

Comment

• I just learned Dirk Nowitzki was still in the NBA. I would’ve guessed he’d been gone five years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by It Takes Eleven View Post
          I just learned Dirk Nowitzki was still in the NBA. I would’ve guessed he’d been gone five years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          He has.

Reporter: "What's it like to Have a QB like Tua throwing to you?
          Smitty: "It's a blessin' "

Comment

• I do not have the best of feelings about the game Monday. I sure hope to be proven wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal Lecter MD View Post
              I do not have the best of feelings about the game Monday. I sure hope to be proven wrong.
              Me either, and me too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Balls

Me either, and me too.
                Same here. I guess I got too much Bama in me.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

• Beautiful day today.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal Lecter MD View Post
                    I do not have the best of feelings about the game Monday. I sure hope to be proven wrong.
                    It's a game where the defense has to show up consistently for four quarters because I dont see us throwing up 40 against that defense. The only other games where that was the case going in were LSU, Miss St, Georgia, and maybe the Barn. Of those 4 teams, the only one with a competent offense is Georgia and they arent on the same level offensively as Clemson.

Now we played like doo doo against Georgia for 3+ quarters, but the defense did enough to keep us in the game. We need them to be even better in this game because this is the best DL we've faced all year. I think the second best was Miss St and we were out of sync all game. We are going to need the Tua of last week to move it consistently. I dont mean the guy who never made a bad throw. I mean the one who got the ball out quick, took his checkdowns, and let his playmakers play. If Tua holds the ball and is always trying to make a big play like the Miss St second half and the Georgia game, we will have issues moving the ball.

Defensively, the game plan has to look similar to past games against Clemson. Stuff the run and make them throw those fades all day. If they can hit the fade a la Mike Williams, they can move the ball. If they can get Etienne going, they are very tough to stop.
                    barney_stinson_signature_by_schub3rt.jpg

Comment

• I must be odd man out, then. I feel better about this game than the last.
                      "There were no arguments, those were ass chewings....."
                      Nick Saban 9/10/2016

“I don’t know who is driving all this stuff, but to me it’s kind of like mouse manure when you’re up to your ears in elephant doo-doo,"
                      Nick Saban 05/29/2018

“You’re ruining the game with RPOs and illegal guys downfield. And you think it should be legal. You think it’s normal. Kiss my ass.”
                      Nick Saban 06/13/2018

Comment

• Originally posted by quack quack bang View Post
                        I must be odd man out, then. I feel better about this game than the last.
                        I hope you're correct but the line has steadily dropped all week. I'm not suggesting Vegas is never wrong or anything but they were clearly taking a lot of money on Clemson when it opened at 6.5.
                        barney_stinson_signature_by_schub3rt.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by Barney Stinson

I hope you're correct but the line has steadily dropped all week. I'm not suggesting Vegas is never wrong or anything but they were clearly taking a lot of money on Clemson when it opened at 6.5.
                          Actually there have been more bets on Alabama than Clemson, which is what makes it even more scary. The fan money is on Bama and there's enough of "smart" money coming in on Clemson to push it anyway. I read this morning that at one point 78% of the bets were on Alabama, and it's down to just under 60% now.

Comment

• Originally posted by quack quack bang View Post
                            I must be odd man out, then. I feel better about this game than the last.
                            Me too. I feel we will overwhelm them

Comment

• Just had some prime rib cooked at home, probably the best thing ever cooked in our kitchen. Nothing but kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper.

Comment

• If our OLine can give Tua 3 seconds or more, we’ll be ok. Their secondary is not the greatest.
                                If Lawrence is on his game, and can consistently hit receivers down the sideline, while our DBs never turn around, well, then we’re in trouble.

Comment

Working...
                                X