Thoughts, Just Thoughts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Stan View Post
    Leah Remini was hot as hell when she was on that show with the fat mall cop guy.
    King of Queens with Kevin James

Comment

• Is your life closer to
      a) Cloud Nine
      b) 9th circle of hell

Comment

• c) purgatory

Comment

• Looks like AOC might've been optimistic about us hanging around another 12 years.

Perhaps the scariest statistic: humans have wiped out about 60 per cent of the planet’s animal life since 1970.

Equally worrying: more than two thirds of the world’s wildlife could be gone by 2020 if current trends continue.

The World Wildlife Fund and its various partners have tracked population changes in Earth’s animal species for decades and the details of the latest report are more grim than ever, they warn.

The Living Planet Index tracks more than 4000 species spread across nearly 17,000 populations. From 1970 to 2014, the number of animals with a backbone — birds, reptiles, amphibians, mammals and fish — plummeted across the globe, on average, by about 60 per cent.

For freshwater vertebrates, losses topped 80 per cent. Geographically, South and Central America have been hit hardest, with 89 per cent less wildlife in 2014 than in 1970.\

The index of extinction risk for five major groups — birds, mammals, amphibians, corals and an ancient family of plants called cycads — shows an accelerating slide towards oblivion. Depending on which categories are included, the current rate at which species are going extinct is 100 to 1000 times greater than only a few centuries ago.

By definition, this means that Earth has entered a mass extinction event. It is only the sixth such event in half-a-billion years — and this one has been led by humans.
          https://www.news.com.au/technology/s...5316942a11acda

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal Lecter MD View Post
            Looks like AOC might've been optimistic about us hanging around another 12 years.

It's those damn Lion fish.

Methinks they exaggerate.

Comment

• Biff, McDonald's is adding Donut Sticks to your breakfast menu in a couple weeks.

Comment

Fake noos

LTA = Long Term Average

"There were no arguments, those were ass chewings....."
                Nick Saban 9/10/2016

“I don’t know who is driving all this stuff, but to me it’s kind of like mouse manure when you’re up to your ears in elephant doo-doo,"
                Nick Saban 05/29/2018

“You’re ruining the game with RPOs and illegal guys downfield. And you think it should be legal. You think it’s normal. Kiss my ass.”
                Nick Saban 06/13/2018

Comment

Looks like AOC might've been optimistic about us hanging around another 12 years.

"From 1970 to 2014, the number of animals with a backbone — birds, reptiles, amphibians, mammals and fish — plummeted across the globe, on average, by about 60 per cent."

Well, in 1970 the Ford Pinto was introduced. That accounts for a portion of the decline.

Comment

• The government lets pinche work for the epa and we’re supposed to be surprised that wildlife is declining.

Comment

• Rhino, how’s the wife doing now that the dog is gone?

Comment

• Originally posted by Stan
                        Rhino, how’s the wife doing now that the dog is gone?
                        Well, it's been going like most things in my life. Expensive, time consuming, and out of my control.

We drove to Louisville last weekend to give the dog back to its breeder. The breeder is a lady who my wife has been in contact with during 4 years we have had the dog. They have met multiple times and my wife communicates with her weekly on Facebook. It was a long drive up there but we figured since the lady knew a lot of dog people, and a lot of people who own and work with the breed, she would be able to find the dog a good home.

So we drive up to Louisville on Saturday , give the dog up, and drive home on Sunday. The wife is crying the whole time and all I know to do is tell her that it's the right decision. I can't risk having a aggressive dog around our toddler and the breeder is a hell of a lot more capable of finding the dog a suitable home than we are.

Monday rolls around and my wife text the lady to see how the dog is doing. No response. My wife text her again on Tuesday. No response. My wife goes to Facebook to message the lady and finds out that the lady has unfriended her...

Panic ensues and the wife starts flipping her shit. This goes on until Thursday when my wife finally gets ahold of the breeder through a mutual friend. The breeder gives my wife some bullshit story about being too busy and assures my wife that the dog is ok.

TL;DR. just like you would expect.

Thanks for asking.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

The government lets pinche work for the epa and we’re supposed to be surprised that wildlife is declining.

Comment

• Originally posted by It Takes Eleven View Post
                            Still calling BS on it...

https://pjmedia.com/trending/none-da...aga-continues/

Comment

• Rhino, did your wife ever find out why the breeder ghosted her? That’s weird. Don’t suggest this to your wife, but you don’t think the breeder had her put down because she bit someone do you?

Comment

Rhino, did your wife ever find out why the breeder ghosted her? That’s weird. Don’t suggest this to your wife, but you don’t think the breeder had her put down because she bit someone do you?
                                I hadn't thought of that. Another undesirable situation could be the breeder no longer sees reason for being friendly because she doesn't see the opportunity for future money to be made off The Rhinos?

Comment

Working...
                                X