Thoughts, Just Thoughts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by quack quack bang View Post
    I'm a little surprised at Woolly's lack of reaction to having ballsy-salsa delivered in Tennessee.
    They already butt-chug there, so no big surprise.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stan View Post
    Yeah I threw two thoughts together. I had forgotten about 2001, I think Clinton claimed a budget surplus as well. I jumped to Andrew Jackson’s debt free government. Help us out Sid, was Jackson the only time we were at a surplus?
    Yes. The US came into being in 1789 with a war debt of almost $80 million. Hamilton applied tariff receipts to it, then added a tax on the manufacture of distilled spirits, which led to the . . . wait for it . . . Whiskey Rebellion. From 1789 to 1913, the Federal Government created a total debt of $2.9 billion. There have been numerous fiscal years when there was a US budget surplus, but that's only been true of the debt under Jackson.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sid Youngleman View Post

Yes. The US came into being in 1789 with a war debt of almost $80 million. Hamilton applied tariff receipts to it, then added a tax on the manufacture of distilled spirits, which led to the . . . wait for it . . . Whiskey Rebellion. From 1789 to 1913, the Federal Government created a total debt of $2.9 billion. There have been numerous fiscal years when there was a US budget surplus, but that's only been true of the debt under Jackson.
      Which side of the Rebellion were you on?

Comment

• Balls dip in salsa, butt chugging, and the debt history of the US. No place except woollyal

Comment

• Originally posted by Pinche Cabron View Post

Comment

By staying neutral I was able to maintain the beer concession for the whole thing. Them boys could hook 'em after a skirmish.

Comment

• "There were no arguments, those were ass chewings....."
              Nick Saban 9/10/2016

“I don’t know who is driving all this stuff, but to me it’s kind of like mouse manure when you’re up to your ears in elephant doo-doo,"
              Nick Saban 05/29/2018

“You’re ruining the game with RPOs and illegal guys downfield. And you think it should be legal. You think it’s normal. Kiss my ass.”
              Nick Saban 06/13/2018

Comment

• Originally posted by Sid Youngleman View Post

By staying neutral I was able to maintain the beer concession for the whole thing. Them boys could hook 'em after a skirmish.

Comment

• If y'all don't start posting...
                  [IMG]https://media.graytvinc.com/images/810*456/momo-2.jpg[/IMG]

Comment

• Visiting family in Waco. Went to the Magnolia Table restaurant for breakfast. Not bad but apparently Magnolia means overpriced. $3.50 for a standard cup of coffee is absurd.
                    barney_stinson_signature_by_schub3rt.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by Barney Stinson View Post
                      Visiting family in Waco. Went to the Magnolia Table restaurant for breakfast. Not bad but apparently Magnolia means overpriced. $3.50 for a standard cup of coffee is absurd.
                      Is your last name Koresh? Oh wait...

Comment

• Apparently folks around here don't know it's Friday. Crazy busy day so far.

Comment

• The whole week's been a slog, I was set to be deposed yesterday and had gone through over a thousand pages of documents, all from ten years ago. After I'm prepped, the other side postpones it - plus, I just completed my eleventh interview of the week. Then there's the "regular" work.

Comment

Is your last name Koresh? Oh wait...
                            Ha. My brother in law is in grad school at Baylor. They moved from Dallas last year.
                            barney_stinson_signature_by_schub3rt.jpg

Comment

• I’ve been watching Gordon Ramsey videos on YouTube. Crazy busy day

Comment

Working...
                              X