X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Biff
    started a topic Thoughts, Just Thoughts

Thoughts, Just Thoughts

I just watched Balls' new yoga video. I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

Stan, have you seen it?

• Stan
    replied
    I’ve got a birthday party and then a swimming party

Leave a comment:

• Sid Youngleman
    replied
    Originally posted by quack quack bang View Post
    At the time of my post, I was sitting on a park bench on the top of Breeds Hill on the Bunker Hill memorial, contemplating whether to confuse everyone with knowledge, historical accuracy, and crap.
    Minor piece of historical crap: As General Howe led the British troops toward the rebel lines, he was accompanied by a servant carrying a bottle of wine. The first rebel volley shattered the bottle, and a subsequent one killed the servant. Howe calmly retreated, miraculously unscathed.

Leave a comment:

• 2Stater
    replied
    I'm cooking burgers for lunch today, then becoming a couch potato to recuperate.

Leave a comment:

• It Takes Eleven
    replied
    Happy Memorial Day, here's to the memory of those who paid the ultimate sacrifice, and also to those who serve and served.

What are you guys doing this weekend to celebrate? We just put a brisket and shoulder on a smoker at the lake, a few folks here. If you're on Logan Martin this weekend, we're downstream about twenty houses main channel, Pell City side, from the point that would lead you to Lakeside Landing. We are one house upstream from a big Nancy Locklar for sale sign for my neighbor's house.

Leave a comment:

• It Takes Eleven
    replied

At the time of my post, I was sitting on a park bench on the top of Breeds Hill on the Bunker Hill memorial, contemplating whether to confuse everyone with knowledge, historical accuracy, and crap.

Don’t get me started on Paul Revere....
    I knew the monument sat on Breed's Hill, didn't know if the battle happened there or not. Old North Church tour, up in the bell tower they have a blow-up of a contract between teens in the community and the church for them to learn chain ringing and be the ringers for the church. A 15 year old Paul Revere is a party on the contract. Pretty neat.

Leave a comment:

• quack quack bang
    replied
    Originally posted by Sid Youngleman View Post

It actually occurred, as everyone knows, on Breed's Hill; but "Bunker Hill" somehow sounds more . . more combatty.

Don’t get me started on Paul Revere....

Leave a comment:

• 2Stater
    replied
    Looks like y'all had a fairly quiet week while I was on my golf vacation.

I only thought I had played mountain golf before. What I was a part of this week was almost torture. We were in the western NC mountains, and played Smokey Mountain CC twice and Sequoyah National twice. SMCC was tough, but SN was the toughest course I've ever played. It's a RTJ designed course. All his courses are tough, and the added elevation and drops made it that much harder. Luckily, there were cold adult beverages available to ease the pain.

Now I need about a week of rehab.

Leave a comment:

• Sid Youngleman
    replied
    Bunker Hill, bitches. You are welcome for all this freedom you are enjoying today.
    It actually occurred, as everyone knows, on Breed's Hill; but "Bunker Hill" somehow sounds more . . more combatty.

Leave a comment:

• quack quack bang
    replied
    Bunker Hill, bitches. You are welcome for all this freedom you are enjoying today.

Leave a comment:

• Big Balls
    replied
    https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/23/u...-released.html

The story linked is all in the news. Looks like the traitor is about to get out early. One of my best friends from high school married Cpt Spann's sister and the family is rightfully outraged.

If you haven't read it and just want a reason to be pissed off, click the link.

Leave a comment:

• Big Balls
    replied
    Originally posted by Hannibal Lecter MD View Post
    Solid tip. $30 at the gate got me up to A9.

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk
    No problem. I cannot stand being one of the last ones on the plane.

Leave a comment:

• quack quack bang
    replied

Thanks. Will remember and use.

Leave a comment:

• Hannibal Lecter MD
    replied
    Originally posted by Big Balls

If there are enough empty seats you can upgrade while you're there.

Leave a comment:

• quack quack bang
    replied
    Montgomery will be left in the dust after the 2019 numbers role in. We're coming for you, Birmingham.

You can have the Ham. Hell, I’ll send it to you. Just give me an address for delivery.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X