No announcement yet.

Do You Really Know Alabama?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I buy a lot of those farm raised shrimp. They are pretty damn good.

Comment

• Odem Chevrolet in Eutaw, AL sells the farm raised shrimp that have been flash frozen. Its kind of weird walking into a car dealership and asking for shrimp. "Im not interested in buying a Malibu today, but I will take 15 lbs of shrimp".

Comment

• Originally posted by RhinoGuy View Post
        Odem Chevrolet in Eutaw, AL sells the farm raised shrimp that have been flash frozen. Its kind of weird walking into a car dealership and asking for shrimp. "Im not interested in buying a Malibu today, but I will take 15 lbs of shrimp".
        What does it run per pound?

Comment

• Originally posted by It Takes Eleven View Post

It's a little pricey, but they offer up to 84-month financing.

Comment

• Originally posted by It Takes Eleven

I don't remember what the frozen ones from Odem cost. I'm pretty sure that the fresh ones I buy from Sumpter County Farms are 5.00/lb.

They are a lot fresher that what you would get from a market because they haven been frozen at sea. These people harvest the shrimp and start selling them the next day.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

• I bet gross sales dollars for shrimp exceed those of vehicles in Eutaw, AL
              "There were no arguments, those were ass chewings....."
              Nick Saban 9/10/2016

“I don’t know who is driving all this stuff, but to me it’s kind of like mouse manure when you’re up to your ears in elephant doo-doo,"
              Nick Saban 05/29/2018

“You’re ruining the game with RPOs and illegal guys downfield. And you think it should be legal. You think it’s normal. Kiss my ass.”
              Nick Saban 06/13/2018

Comment

• Shrimp is gross. I’ve really tried to like it

Comment

• Originally posted by Stan View Post
                  Shrimp is gross. I’ve really tried to like it
                  Stan is wrong. I've really tried to find a way he wasnt.
                  barney_stinson_signature_by_schub3rt.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by Stan
                    Shrimp is gross. I’ve really tried to like it
                    Perhaps you haven’t tried the right recipe. There are a number of ways to cook shrimp. Fried shrimp, grilled shrimp, BBQ shrimp...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Hey, Bubba.
                      Nick Saban 9/10/2016

“I don’t know who is driving all this stuff, but to me it’s kind of like mouse manure when you’re up to your ears in elephant doo-doo,"
                      Nick Saban 05/29/2018

“You’re ruining the game with RPOs and illegal guys downfield. And you think it should be legal. You think it’s normal. Kiss my ass.”
                      Nick Saban 06/13/2018

Comment

• Originally posted by quack quack bang
                        Hey, Bubba.
                        I try to keep my lip tucked in. Don’t want to get it shot off.

Comment

• Are [we] brothers?
                          Nick Saban 9/10/2016

Nick Saban 05/29/2018

Nick Saban 06/13/2018

Comment

• Originally posted by quack quack bang
                            Are [we] brothers?
                            No, we are not relations, sir.

Comment

• This should keep everyone busy today.
                              Where city names are replaced by their most Wikipedia’ed resident.
                              Last edited by quack quack bang; 06-06-2019, 08:25 AM.
                              Nick Saban 9/10/2016

Nick Saban 05/29/2018

Nick Saban 06/13/2018

Comment

• Eric Esch

Eric Scott Esch (born August 3, 1966), better known by his nickname "Butterbean",[4] is an American retired professional boxer, kickboxer, mixed martial artist, and professional wrestler who competed in the heavyweight division. He is also a television personality, having appeared in several programs and been referenced by many others. Esch transitioned to professional boxing in 1994 following a successful stint on the Toughman Contest scene and went on to capture the World Athletic Association (WAA) heavyweight and IBA super heavyweightchampionships. Beginning in 2003, he began fighting regularly as a kickboxer and mixed martial artist, most notably in K-1 and the Pride Fighting Championships. Butterbean's combined fight record stands at 97–24–5 with 67 knockouts and 10 submissions.

Esch was born in Atlanta, Georgia, but at the age of four years old Esch and his family moved to St. Johns, Michigan, only to move again at eleven years old to Jasper, Alabama with his family. He had a difficult childhood; his mother died when he was eight years old, and he was frequently bullied at school for being overweight.

While decking floors for manufactured homes at the Southern Energy Homes plant in Addison, Alabama, his colleagues dared him to enter a local Toughman Contest, training in Bay City, Michigan. He went on to win the tournament and begin his career in fight sports.[5]

Esch began his fighting career on the Toughman Contest scene in Texarkana, Arkansas in the early 1990s and went on to become a five-time World Toughman Heavyweight Champion with a record of 56–5 with 36 knockouts.[6] He received the nickname "Butterbean" when he was forced to go on a diet (consisting mostly of chicken and butterbeans) in order to meet the Toughman 400 pound (181 kg) weight limit under the new age trainer Prozay Buell “the better Buell”.[7]

He made his professional boxing debut on October 15, 1994, beating Tim Daniels by decision in Birmingham, Alabama. He soon developed a cult following and became known as "King of the 4 Rounders".

While the majority of his opponents were technically limited club-level fighters early in his career, he did move up the ranks to win the IBA Super Heavyweight Championship on April 12, 1997 with a second round technical knockout of Ed White at the Thomas & Mack Center in Las Vegas, Nevada. He made five successful title defences before relinquishing his championship in 2000.

Butterbean ventured into the sport of kickboxing in 2003 when he was recruited by K-1 and debuted with a first-round knockout of Yusuke Fujimoto at K-1 Beast II 2003 in Saitama, Japanon June 29, 2003.

Butterbean appeared twice in World Wrestling Federation professional wrestling events, competing in boxing matches both times. On December 7, 1997 at the D-Generation X: In Your House pay-per-view event, he defeated former Golden Gloves champion Marc Mero[14] via disqualification in a worked match. 15 months later, Butterbean defeated WWF Brawl For All champion Bart Gunn[14] in a legitimate shootfight at WrestleMania XV on March 28, 1999, knocking his opponent out in 34 seconds.

Having lost his MMA debut to Genki Sudo, Esch stuck with the sport and regrouped, going 6–0–1 in appearances in King of the Cage, Gracie Fightfest, and Rumble on the Rock which included a TKO stoppage of Wesley "Cabbage" Correira at Rumble on the Rock 8 in Honolulu on January 20, 2006, in a fight which took place under special rules, ground fighting being limited to fifteen seconds per instance regardless of the situation

Butterbean made his independent professional wrestling debut at the Birmingham–Jefferson Civic Center in Birmingham, Alabama on March 28, 2009 at the ImagiCon horror movie, sci-fi movie, and comic book convention and was victorious against rapper/professional wrestler/film maker/actor Anthony "One Man Kru" Sanners via pinfall after smashing him with a vicious 400 lb. elbow drop. Butterbean won the Pro Wrestling Syndicate Heavyweight Championship on May 29, 2009 after defeating Trent Acid.[citation needed] Butterbean lost the belt to Kevin Matthews on May 8, 2010 in White Plains, New York.[citation needed]

Butterbean defeated Dean Storey at Elite 1 MMA: High Voltage on May 7, 2011 in Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada to claim the promotions super heavyweight title. He knocked out Storey 24 seconds into the second round.

Esch is a reserve deputy sheriff in his hometown of Jasper, Alabama, and starred in the reality television documentary entitled Big Law: Deputy Butterbean, which debuted on the Investigation Discovery channel in August 2011. He described the genesis of the show:
                                They came to me wanting to do a reality documentary on my restaurant and I was in the process of closing my restaurant down. I said "If you want something interesting and fun to watch, follow us on our drug busts in the sheriff's department." They agreed people would be interested in this. "They started following us, filming it and documenting us actually making the busts. You arrest somebody and say "Look, if you don't want to go to jail you've got to help us bust a bigger guy."

Butterbean appeared in the film Jackass: The Movie, in a public stunt: an arranged fight with Johnny Knoxville in a department store.

Butterbean also appeared in the film Chairman of the Board as the Museum Security Guard with the "chia hair", a fact that is pointed out on the DVD commentary by the film's star Scott "Carrot Top" Thompson

Nick Saban 9/10/2016

Nick Saban 05/29/2018

Nick Saban 06/13/2018

Comment

Working...
                                X