Thinking about Thoughts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by It Takes Eleven View Post

Humidity really down in ATL this morning, low 60's. It's going to be nice today, 85 and low humidity.
    I saw anywhere from 58-62 on my drive in this morning. Very nice!

Comment

If the person that stole my debit card kept it under a $100, I wouldn’t notice. My wife is queen of nickel and diming you to death.

Comment

Originally posted by Stan View Post
        If the person that stole my debit card kept it under a $100, I wouldn’t notice. My wife is queen of nickel and diming you to death.
        Same here. Someone could really get me on gas purchases.

Comment

https://syndication.bleacherreport.c...hmore.amp.html

I'd change a few up, but it's an interesting discussion:

Bo Jackson for Kevin Appier

Gibson or Piazza for Kershaw

Nolan Ryan should be with the Rangers

Big Unit should be with the Mariners

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by RhinoGuy View Post

Same here. Someone could really get me on gas purchases.
            Based upon my wife & my daughter, if someone had an insider at Chic Fil A or Panera, I would never be able to find it.
            "There were no arguments, those were ass chewings....."
            Nick Saban 9/10/2016

“I don’t know who is driving all this stuff, but to me it’s kind of like mouse manure when you’re up to your ears in elephant doo-doo,"
            Nick Saban 05/29/2018

“You’re ruining the game with RPOs and illegal guys downfield. And you think it should be legal. You think it’s normal. Kiss my ass.”
            Nick Saban 06/13/2018

Comment

I'm not sure who you take off for the Cards, but the Wizard should be there too

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Pink View Post
                https://syndication.bleacherreport.c...hmore.amp.html

I'd change a few up, but it's an interesting discussion:

Bo Jackson for Kevin Appier

Gibson or Piazza for Kershaw

Nolan Ryan should be with the Rangers

Big Unit should be with the Mariners

Bo's baseball career is overblown. A .250 career hitter and .309 OBP for that time in baseball was quite mediocre. Amazing fielder with some pop in his bat. A 1-time All-Star selection.

Gibby barely played any of his career for the Dodgers. Koufax and Kershaw are the two GOATs for the Dodgers.

Comment

Originally posted by Hannibal Lecter MD

Bo's baseball career is overblown. A .250 career hitter and .309 OBP for that time in baseball was quite mediocre. Amazing fielder with some pop in his bat. A 1-time All-Star selection.

Gibby barely played any of his career for the Dodgers. Koufax and Kershaw are the two GOATs for the Dodgers.
                  If I remember, Gibson’s PH HR against the A’s was his only appearance of the series.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by It Takes Eleven View Post

If I remember, Gibson’s PH HR against the A’s was his only appearance of the series.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    That is correct. It was somewhat of a fluke. Not sure a ball has ever been hit that pure, cause it wasn't much of a swing. Pretty much all hands. He'd swung a lot harder for the 3 or 4 he'd fouled off before that.

Comment

Originally posted by Hannibal Lecter MD View Post
                      I saw anywhere from 58-62 on my drive in this morning. Very nice!
                      Low in the high forties last night on this mountainside; high today of 72. At last some sunny days, the first of which I've so far spent mowing the yard, which automatically inclines to about 45 degrees as soon as I crank the mower (a push job because a riding mower would be lethal on this lot). I'm too old to do it myself and too cheap not to. Now for the weedeater.

Comment

Originally posted by Hannibal Lecter MD

You're right on all accounts. But I still think the glimpse we got of Bo was incredible. He could be the best athlete to walk the earth.

When i think of Gibson, i think of that fist pump rounding 2nd.... wearing a Dodger uniform. Kershaw hasn't won anything. I think to top the charts for historic teams like the Yankees and Dodgers, you should have a championship (Sox's and Cubs excluded since they were "cursed").

In any case, it's hard to go wrong with almost anyone you pick.

Comment

I hated Kirk Gibson so much for that home run, I loved the A’s then

Comment

At least we aren't talking about Tommy "Tomato" LaSorta on a mountain
                            Nick Saban 9/10/2016

“I don’t know who is driving all this stuff, but to me it’s kind of like mouse manure when you’re up to your ears in elephant doo-doo,"
                            Nick Saban 05/29/2018

“You’re ruining the game with RPOs and illegal guys downfield. And you think it should be legal. You think it’s normal. Kiss my ass.”
                            Nick Saban 06/13/2018

Comment

Originally posted by quack quack bang View Post
                              At least we aren't talking about Tommy "Tomato" LaSorta on a mountain
                              Years ago, we lived in Vero Beach. My wife worked for a company directly across the street from Dodger Pines, the Dodgers spring training camp at the time. People were always parking their cars in their business lot during games, and my wife would call the stadium to make announcements for the owners to come move them. If they didn't, she had them towed. One day, she had Lasorta's car towed. To put it mildly, he was not amused.
                              Reporter: "What's it like to Have a QB like Tua throwing to you?
                              Smitty: "It's a blessin' "

Comment

Originally posted by 2Stater View Post

Years ago, we lived in Vero Beach. My wife worked for a company directly across the street from Dodger Pines, the Dodgers spring training camp at the time. People were always parking their cars in their business lot during games, and my wife would call the stadium to make announcements for the owners to come move them. If they didn't, she had them towed. One day, she had Lasorta's car towed. To put it mildly, he was not amused.
                                I'd pay to have his car towed again today.
                                Nick Saban 9/10/2016

Nick Saban 05/29/2018

Nick Saban 06/13/2018

Comment

Working...
                                X