X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RhinoGuy
    What do they drive down that far?

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Each section of steel pipe is 3.5’ long. They monitor the psi as each is pushed down. Once they hit 1500 psi, it’s considered stable enough to secure the foundation.
    So they just keep adding sections of pipe till they’re deep enough

Comment

• That's pretty cool. 11k doesn't seem that bad of a price either.

Comment

• Cluldnt have just put a matchbook under it? That's what I do when a table has a funky lean to it.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by RhinoGuy View Post
          How much ass can we post without Hanny getting pissy? Is crack ok as long as you dont see any holes?
          I haven't really been on in the last week. How much did you get away with?

Comment

• Glad you got that fixed for a reasonable cost, Biff. Did that eliminate the "MIL fund?"

Comment

• So, you used the Quack Theorem theorized in the 70s and first implemented in the 80s.

Originally posted by Biff View Post

Each section of pipe is 3.5" long. Just keep adding pipe till it's deep enough
              "There were no arguments, those were ass chewings....."
              Nick Saban 9/10/2016

“I don’t know who is driving all this stuff, but to me it’s kind of like mouse manure when you’re up to your ears in elephant doo-doo,"
              Nick Saban 05/29/2018

“You’re ruining the game with RPOs and illegal guys downfield. And you think it should be legal. You think it’s normal. Kiss my ass.”
              Nick Saban 06/13/2018

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal Lecter MD
                Glad you got that fixed for a reasonable cost, Biff. Did that eliminate the "MIL fund?"
                Wiped it out.

Comment

• Beat a teams ass tonight in a practice game. Instead of feeling good about it, I’m dealing with a pissy player and pissy mom because her son doesn’t get to run enough. He a freaking lineman that isn’t that good at running the ball but I can’t say that

Comment

• Originally posted by Stan
                    Beat a teams ass tonight in a practice game. Instead of feeling good about it, I’m dealing with a pissy player and pissy mom because her son doesn’t get to run enough. He a freaking lineman that isn’t that good at running the ball but I can’t say that
                    You're a volunteer. I'm pretty sure you can say whatever you want.

Comment

Yeah... my uncle (who is more like a brother) is in a national tournament for his 11 year olds baseball team. They're really good (hes harsh).... but he has no problem telling parents to fuck off

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Yeah. Fuck those parents.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal Lecter MD View Post
                          Congratulations on the win, take whatever you can. If you don't have at least two moms pissed off all the time, you're probably not making good coaching decisions.

Bitching parents hit a note with me. I made all three of my kids wait until fourth grade to start playing football, ten years between oldest and youngest, they all played through high school, so I had about 18 consecutive years of kids in pound ball through varsity. I helped coach them up through sixth grade, and then went the high school booster club route. I developed several lines for pissy parents ticked about playing time or which team their kid was on.

1. A/B team choice in pound ball (we call our elementary program pound ball because it's limited on weight) - The only way the kid will care which team they are on is how you choose to react.
                          2. Playing time/position - When I was coaching, I'd tell parents out of the gate: My kids aren't playing because I have dreams of them playing in college. My kids are playing football to develop toughness, instill discipline, be rewarded for hard work, and to learn to be part of something greater than themselves. If I give any player special privilege to play a position or more playing time than they warrant, including your son, every reason I'm in the football program doesn't matter.
                          3. Booster club bitching - in our program, kids weren't mixed by ages until they hit JV. Freshmen parents think their kids hung the moon and they'll win state when they're seniors. Sophomore parents are despondent that their kid is getting very little playing time once they start playing with older guys, and they typically bitch about how the JV program is run - my response is "the JV program exists to help the varsity be successful." Senior parents are desperate, this has to be the year we win, how dare he play the sophomore with more potential over my son (who coasted over the summer thinking he had the starting spot nailed down), you need to do something, yada, yada. My response was I'm here to support the program, the AD and the coaching staff. I don't make player decisions.

And, by the way, those lines don't work well if you're sleeping with the pissy parent, but she got the same lines.

Comment

• Excellent advice. I’m not the head coach (for good reason), but I still get two moms that complain. They are still better than the shit talking parents that we have in the stands, that thrive on stirring up drama. Adults do this...grown ass people. These same parents pulled their kid out of practice because he shouldn’t have to run sprints for other players screw ups. The poor kid was begging not to leave the entire time he was being dragged off the field. That’s the only reason he was allowed back when his dad was kissing ass the next day to get him back on the team.

Comment

• Pansy ass generation of parents raising an even more pansy ass generation of kids.

Comment

• I was told last night that I'll be going on a Disney cruise in December.

can't wait

Comment

Working...
                                X