Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is your favorite President of the United States, and why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who is your favorite President of the United States, and why?

Here's the list of them. Every answer must be accompanied by an explanation.
    Which President served as a lieutenant colonel in the Spanish-American war? Who was the first Democrat elected after the Civil War? Who introduced Social Security? If you’re looking to learn more about the past Presidents who have led our country, you’re in the right place. Take a look at our full set of biographies. Then, …
    "There were no arguments, those were ass chewings....."
    Nick Saban 9/10/2016

“I don’t know who is driving all this stuff, but to me it’s kind of like mouse manure when you’re up to your ears in elephant doo-doo,"
    Nick Saban 05/29/2018

“You’re ruining the game with RPOs and illegal guys downfield. And you think it should be legal. You think it’s normal. Kiss my ass.”
    Nick Saban 06/13/2018

Millard Fillmore was my favorite president because when I was in high school, it was the first day of my junior year. The teacher passed around a pad and asked everyone to print their name. One of the guys (I don't remember who) not only put his name down, he wrote down Millard Fillmore. Every day for about 2 weeks it was like Ben Stein in 'Ferris Buhler's Day Off'. "Fillmore, Millard Fillmore? Anybody, Millard Fillmore?"

Good times.
    Reporter: "What's it like to Have a QB like Tua throwing to you?
    Smitty: "It's a blessin' "

Comment

James K. Polk, who set four goals for his Presidency: settle the dispute with Britain over ownership of the Oregon Territory (today Oregon and Washington); establish an independent Treasury; get California (I know, I know) from Mexico; and reduce the tariff on imported goods. He accomplished them all in four years, threw starting and winning the Mexican War into the bargain for free, and went home.

Comment

Originally posted by Sid Youngleman View Post
        James K. Polk, who set four goals for his Presidency: settle the dispute with Britain over ownership of the Oregon Territory (today Oregon and Washington); establish an independent Treasury; get California (I know, I know) from Mexico; and reduce the tariff on imported goods. He accomplished them all in four years, threw starting and winning the Mexican War into the bargain for free, and went home.
        But he was a damned lawyer.

Comment

My vote goes for Ronnie Reagan. Finally some pride & productivity after 4 yrs of absolute and utter shame, impotence, and rudderless guidance both domestically and internationally.

Mr. Gorby, tear down that wall.

And the Sandinistas needed those arms.
          Nick Saban 9/10/2016

“I don’t know who is driving all this stuff, but to me it’s kind of like mouse manure when you’re up to your ears in elephant doo-doo,"
          Nick Saban 05/29/2018

“You’re ruining the game with RPOs and illegal guys downfield. And you think it should be legal. You think it’s normal. Kiss my ass.”
          Nick Saban 06/13/2018

Comment

I'm actually reading Calvin Coolidge's autobiography right now. From 1929, available free online, and a pretty quick read. I've warmed up to him and, although he's not my favorite, I'm enjoying the book.

Comment

I probably would've voted Teddy R. if I had lived during his tenure. I liked reading about him in his biography. And, he and both like to kill shit.
              Nick Saban 9/10/2016

Nick Saban 05/29/2018

Nick Saban 06/13/2018

Comment

Originally posted by quack quack bang View Post
                My vote goes for Ronnie Reagan. Finally some pride & productivity after 4 yrs of absolute and utter shame, impotence, and rudderless guidance both domestically and internationally.

Mr. Gorby, tear down that wall.

And the Sandinistas needed those arms.
                Carter is my favorite author as an ex-president. If you haven't read An Hour Before Daylight, it's worth a read.

Comment

Originally posted by It Takes Eleven View Post

Carter is my favorite author as an ex-president. If you haven't read An Hour Before Daylight, it's worth a read.
                  You a Georgia homer.
                  Nick Saban 9/10/2016

Nick Saban 05/29/2018

Nick Saban 06/13/2018

Comment

Originally posted by quack quack bang View Post

You a Georgia homer.
                    I'm not Biff.

Comment

Working...
                    X