Pellet or Kamado?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Biff View Post
    Got a small pork shoulder going. It’s holding temps well. Got it set to “Hi Smoke 220”
    About every 4 or 5 minutes the auger kicks on and drops some pellets. Seems to be plenty of smoke so far.
    How did it turn out?

Comment

Someone needs to come out with a version that has two pellets burning mechanisms. That way you could have high heat and high smoke.

I also wonder if the pellet smoker's cook faster since you've got some convection action going on.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by It Takes Eleven View Post

That sounds like a great project. Consider making the porch six feet, or better, eight. You'll regret not having that extra room, and even foot measurements will save material.
        That's true, and 6 does sound better than 5. Would also ensure I could place a good size ceiling fan over to one side so I can sit and sip. I like the way you think!

Comment

Originally posted by BillBrosky View Post

That's true, and 6 does sound better than 5. Would also ensure I could place a good size ceiling fan over to one side so I can sit and sip. I like the way you think!
          I'm hell on wheels telling other people how to work...

Comment

Originally posted by Stan View Post

How did it turn out?
            Got rushed and couldn’t get the shoulder up to high enough temp.
            Did some ribs too. They were really good.

Comment

Did two slabs of St. Louis Johnny Trigg 321 method in the smoker yesterday. I normally use baby back on this method, but MY GOSH, these slabs when complete were competition ready. Best ones I have ever made.

Comment

Working...
              X