X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A look back at the "Game of the Century"

http://thelab.bleacherreport.com/lsu...aign=editorial
    THE DAY THE NFL TOOK OVER ALABAMA

On November 5, 2011, No. 1 LSU and No. 2 Alabama met in a defensive battle billed as college football's ‘Game of the Century.’ B/R Mag talks to the players who were there

"There were no arguments, those were ass chewings....."
    Nick Saban 9/10/2016

Moving this into Pigskin. The definitely deserves a read. I've only made it to Cade Foster's quote and I'm already fascinated.

Comment

I was there and I've never seen a more emotional crowd before, during and after the game.

Comment

That was a great read.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Comment

"At one point in the first quarter, Trent Richardson was running down the sideline, and I hit him hard. He didn’t fall down. Another time, I tried to tackle Eddie Lacy in the open field and it was like I just had to hold on for dear life and wait for my teammates to come and help me. Man, those guys were hard to tackle. It was like hitting a brick wall."

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Comment

The first quarter was a defensive struggle. Foster missed 44- and 50-yard field goals, and the first 15 minutes ended 0-0.

Cade Foster
            Alabama

"Coach [Nick] Saban always told us not to put too much pressure on ourselves, but I didn’t do that for this game. I felt like I had to try harder because my leg was weaker. Those kicks I would have made on any given day, but I was trying too hard."
            Cade must remember his college career differently than I do.

Comment

I also was there and what a f...ing weekend...lost the game...got a call sunday morning that my dog got run over...wreck my RV sunday..bad weekend..
              ok..the game...what a travesty...4th quarter...a 185 lb DB takes the ball away from a 280 lb tight end at the goal line...geeze......hold LSU there..they punt and the ball goes over the head of returner...maybe hit the CBS camera line ( Les thought so) ...would have had the ball around the 35-40 in LSU territory....The FG kicker ( i never blame a player by name...not fair or right) would have choked on kick anyway..
              beat LSU all over the field....and lost..
              was eating lunch in Bama BBQ in Northport..and got offered 750$ for my tickets and didnt take it...what an idiot

Comment

Originally posted by Big Balls View Post

Cade must remember his college career differently than I do.
                He must have tried "tried too hard" for the rest of his freaking career. He seems to be making excuses for the fact he just didn't have it.

Comment

Originally posted by Bama Ravens

He must have tried "tried too hard" for the rest of his freaking career. He seems to be making excuses for the fact he just didn't have it.
                  There is no way he is serious.

Comment

Working...
                  X