Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you feel about the team for next year and beyond?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you feel about the team for next year and beyond?

Given the talent we have and the fact that we have Saban. It's hard to feel to down in the dumps. People will declare that Bama's run is dead, which I expected to happen if we lost.

I feel pretty good about the offense, we bring back experience on the O-line, in the backfield, and the receivers, and at QB. Obviously, the offense depends on the development of Hurts. Sark must develop and mold him into a more consistent and confident passer.

On defense, we lose a lot of guys. I feel pretty good about the d-line with Payne, Frazier, Davis, and Hand all being there. We should have decent experience in the secondary with Fitzpatrick, Harrison, and Averett all returning. At linebacker, we lose one of the greatest ever at Bama in Reuben but again we bring back experience in Shaun Deion-Hamilton and Evans (though he may move back outside). Outside linebacker is the big question for me since we lose Anderson and Williams, we will see if Evans moves outside, he showed his rushing speed last night.

Saban has shown his ability to mold these painful experiences into motivation for the future. This will be the biggest test for him in doing that, but given the immense pain the guys must feel, I think they can be motivated by it.

Despite the loss last night, we are in the midst of the greatest run ever, we should be proud. We have a lot to look forward to as many of these young, bright stars break out and become the next class of Bama legends.

Roll Tide.

I don't get why this would be any different than when we lost to OSU. We seemed to have bounced back nicely the following year. Folks can start getting concerned about 2 years after Saban retires. Until then, we will remain at or near the top.

Define "dynasty". Does that mean we never lose a game for a 10-15 year period??? Gonna be a lot of disappointed folks, if so.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Biff View Post
        I don't get why this would be any different than when we lost to OSU. We seemed to have bounced back nicely the following year. Folks can start getting concerned about 2 years after Saban retires. Until then, we will remain at or near the top.

Define "dynasty". Does that mean we never lose a game for a 10-15 year period??? Gonna be a lot of disappointed folks, if so.
        NAILED IT!
        Roll Tide

Comment

Originally posted by 2Stater View Post

Comment

Offensively, we've just got to be better. There's too much talent scattered across the field to halve the options just to accommodate Hurts. Defensively, I foresee a step down in performance, but maybe that means we get back to more of the depth we've had in the recent past. No doubt the D got tired last night (who wouldn't), but i was most disappointed in our DBs.
            "There were no arguments, those were ass chewings....."
            Nick Saban 9/10/2016

Comment

Every year we lose so much ch talent in D and the D still maintains. Hurts must improve. O gameplay and Hurts cost us last night. He's got to be a better passer and more decisive runner.

I feel our chances to make it backroad the playoffs are high. Losing is a great motivator.

Comment

• 50+yeartidefan
                50+yeartidefan commented
                Editing a comment
                Scored 31 points? Should have been enough to win

Guest commented
                Editing a comment
                Are you seriously saying it was the D? They were on the field for about 100 plays. 31 would have been enough if there weren't so many 3 and outs in the 2nd half.

I agree with what Biff said. I don't think there is any need for anyone to feel like Bama is going anywhere (other than the Danny Kannell and Skip Bayless types). Saban is a master motivator, this team will be back next year.

Comment

Lemme pump some sunshine up in here!

Comment

See here boys, we're already back to #1 for next year!!

http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/in...n_early_2.html

Comment

Well...lets reflect on history...Bear's 71, 73, and 74 teams all lost National championship games...and he is/was the best ever...(and 64 if you wanna get down to details....) ...
                    so before I go cut my wrist....I wouldbe glad to have 4 of 5.....and we didnt have to lose to Urban n OSU....history will be kind...if Tuesday morning...January 10 th isnt...
                    3 straight SECtitles..10 in a row vs TN...5 in a row vs LSU...7-3 vs au in last 10 years...
                    and we have apissed off Nick Saban...

Comment

I'm not concerned about near future teams at all.

Almost winning the natty with a 18yo quarterback is damn impressive imo.

We will reload and be ready to compete next year just like we have done over the past few years.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Comment

AT LEAST WE FINALLY HAVE A RETURNING QUARTERBACK.

Comment

Originally posted by Chechem View Post
                          AT LEAST WE FINALLY HAVE A RETURNING QUARTERBACK.
                          That, we do, and he may get pushed by incoming QB Tua Tagljhgbgjhfhvfjhbkjkjlmkjh.

Comment

Originally posted by 2Stater View Post

That, we do, and he may get pushed by incoming QB Tua Tagljhgbgjhfhvfjhbkjkjlmkjh.

Here we go.

You pushing "TEAM TUA"??

Comment

Working...
                            X