Next Season

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Next Season

People have no idea how fueled this team will be. May be one of the Saban teams that wins on pure drive. Offense will be sick, Secondary will be elite, DL may be a slight step back but with correct positioning of players we have will be fast and deadly.

Jalen is already knee deep in film and workouts along with everyone else who played in the NC game.

I can't wait honestly, this is put up or shut for the Tide this season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jalen needs to figure out how to be accurate on a pass over 5 yards.

Comment

I love Boz's unwavering optimism. Roll Tide Boz!

Comment

Sark needs to figure out how call a pass over 5 yards at the right time.

Comment

This will be a big year for Bama O and for Sark in particular. His 1st year at the helm without all the CLK distractions (I know every Presser will start with "how is Sark and his effort to stay sober") But, thankfully CNS doesn't allow his asst's to talk to the media and CNS will cut the balls off enough jerkoffreporters that it will end until the playoffs.

I don't wish to cast stones in the direction of Boca; however, I believe that someone got into Jalen's head about protecting the ball and not "ending the drive with a kick". Don't know if this was a intentional set up, thinking that next year would be mostly about reversing the downward spiral set in motion by the actions of the last couple of games or ?.

Now, taking off my tinfoil hat; there was such an emphasis placed on Jalen not being the cause of a loss; it really seemed to get in his head (so many balls thrown away? so many chances not taken? but Im sure if he had taken more chances and thrown INT's I would be bitchin' about that instead (some people are just never satisfied).

If Sark or Jalen's QB Guru can get him to be able to read the field and be quicker with check downs(wondering if all that film study will show him the opps he missed and not discourage him too much); he should be better this next season and with the talent around him; be just fine.

I, for one, am very hopeful that the OL will be better this year. Jonah at one of the OT's, BB at center; some experience at LG, and having several back who have significant PT at the other positions.. and the Great Talent coming in with the 2017 OL recruits the OL could be really good by mid season.
          Jalen learning, and Tua pressing for PT... and Mac hanging out getting bigger and learning... (not to mention Josh Palet and Montana Murphy and I'm sure that there will be at least one more WO to even out the practice lines)

Comment

Got spring and summer things to do....but .......come August..its all Roll Tide

Comment

Will the coaching changes (Sark to OC mostly) and the Improvement of Jalen and the introduction of Tua and Mac create enough excitement to generate a new record for A Day attendance? Would be nice to see a new excitement to rival the 1st year of the Saban era.
              This season there will be a big turnover in the Up Front D and reshuffling of the O Line, New top notch RB's a big change in the WR's, ... man, its going to be like a whole new team.

I for one can't wait to see the improvement in Jalen after a summer of throwing to the new WR crew and under the guidance of the QB Whisperer let alone if he works with a QB guru.

What is the Spring Game record attendance? probably one of the B1G schools? I know that Uga set a school record last year for Athens (like a sell out)
              Let's start the campaign for 100k+ for 2017... I am going and bringing 3 with me...

Comment

You guys are really optimistic. Hurts really didn't improve much as the season unfolded, in fact I'd say he regressed, especially in the passing game. I hope Sark can develop him but based on what I saw from Sark this last game I'm concerned.

I really didn't like Sarks play calling, and I think the OC change is what cost us the game. I hate to say it, but if Kiffin had stayed I think we would have won.

Comment

• 50+yeartidefan
                  50+yeartidefan commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Really??? Must have missed the Washington game!!!!

Originally posted by Augustus McCrae View Post
                You guys are really optimistic. Hurts really didn't improve much as the season unfolded, in fact I'd say he regressed, especially in the passing game. I hope Sark can develop him but based on what I saw from Sark this last game I'm concerned.

I really didn't like Sarks play calling, and I think the OC change is what cost us the game. I hate to say it, but if Kiffin had stayed I think we would have won.
                I think Bo doesn't get hurt and we win the game. Not because of Bo, but the OC lost confidence in the running game after he went out.

Comment

Saban ball is simple.

1. Dominant D

2. Strong OL

3. Championships

Comment

Originally posted by Augustus McCrae

Hurts didn't regress. We just didn't allow him to throw it like we did for most of the season. He will be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by It Takes Eleven View Post

I think Bo doesn't get hurt and we win the game. Not because of Bo, but the OC lost confidence in the running game after he went out.
                      A couple of dropped passes changed the game too.

Playing against the best qb in college football didn't help either.

Comment

Can we all move on from that game?...please.
                        Focus...

Comment

Originally posted by Augustus McCrae

He isn't supposed to improve as the season goes on, technique and abilities are built during the off season and then applied the following season. There isn't enough time between games to build and fix certain mechanics, especially Hurts major issue which, is seeing the entire field and timing. That comes with reps and experience that he has more of now.

Comment

Originally posted by Crimsonboz

He isn't supposed to improve as the season goes on, technique and abilities are built during the off season and then applied the following season. There isn't enough time between games to build and fix certain mechanics, especially Hurts major issue which, is seeing the entire field and timing. That comes with reps and experience that he has more of now.

You'd expect reads and timing to improve.

Comment

Working...
                            X